By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii

izaaz101 said:
Smeags said:
@SHMUP

Well, I just overheard izaaz talking about cigarette ash. I would feel bad If I left a fellow Sonic Support Squad member out.

Sweet, I got mentioned by the (co-)founder of the SSS!

You're just lucky we're in the same team...!

>_>

<_<

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
izaaz101 said:
Smeags said:
@SHMUP

Well, I just overheard izaaz talking about cigarette ash. I would feel bad If I left a fellow Sonic Support Squad member out.

Sweet, I got mentioned by the (co-)founder of the SSS!

You're just lucky we're in the same team...!

>_>

<_<

How could anyone not be on this team? Everyone loves the blue blur!

I can give you the multimedia functions, and probably the online (even though i dont use it that much).... but everything else....well, not for me.

Lets skip back generation.

The PS2 was the most popular games consoles.  The third party developers supported it all they could.  And guess what.  Most of the 3rd party games for the PS2 were rubbish.

This generation the Wii is the most popular console and guess what most of the third party games for it are rubbish.

See the pattern here.

Third party developers do mainly one thing, increase a consoles games library.  THey don't in most cases make it better.  They can't afford to. 

1) Glorified reskins of last gen's games, with nothing added but pretty pictures.
2) Bloat, plain and simple.
3) The value of a console comes solely from its games -nothing else whatsoever- and the Wii wins this hands down.
4) More of a gimmick than motion control could ever be.
5) Invalid: get the same number of controllers for the PS3 and the price jumps way up.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
Millennium said:
1) Glorified reskins of last gen's games, with nothing added but pretty pictures.
2) Bloat, plain and simple.
3) The value of a console comes solely from its games -nothing else whatsoever- and the Wii wins this hands down.
4) More of a gimmick than motion control could ever be.
5) Invalid: get the same number of controllers for the PS3 and the price jumps way up.

1. xD you seriously think this game are just a pretty face? hell wake up and smell the coffee they are awesome to play too.

2. wait what?

3. if you haven't noticed ps3 recently tons of AAA titles this xmas... from little big planet to resistance 2.

4. again you haven't played online, it seems it add replay value to the game co op and multiplayer online it's a banger you always have something to play

5.i would give you this one, but it's true ps3 have more things bundled.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
cool48 said:
And you are being serious or not...?

Are you being serious or not...? O_o

You know who he is, right?

K frick I don't get this guy!

What the hell Rol, you confuse me so damn much.

Millennium said:

Agreed.  If you really like lame gaming, Wii ftw.

It's all about the game.

Lmao@Sony PlayStation 3 Interactive Multimedia 4D True Next Generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System!

I'll keep my Wii library any day.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

RolStoppable said:
BMaker11 said:
thetonestarr said:

Duh, those aren't the games that are making it sell.

If those aren't, then what are? Whenever someone talks bad about the Wii's library, those games pop up. It's not Zack and Wiki that's doing

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii. These four games can be found at the top of the charts nearly all the time, so it must mean that people are buying the Wii especially for these games. Sure, Wii Sports is bundled in America and Europe, but its sales in Japan should tell you how important that game is for the Wii's success.

Now the "Wii lacks good games" argument is entirely different, because when that one is countered, it will of course include fan favorites like Metroid and Fire Emblem, i.e. franchises which have never been system sellers.

To me, personally:

30 million people playing a system for the likes of Wii Fit = downfall of gaming.

I mean, really? For example, the Wii Fit Girl. She's pretending to hoola hoop....why not just get a real hoola hoop and get the EXACT same effect?