By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii

Agree with most points with the exception of the ps3 being a 4d multimedia device. Having said that I know this is a joke thread.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
RolStoppable said:
BMaker11 said:
BoleroOfFire said:
@BMaker11

1) 30 million people don't have Wii Fit. They must be playing other games.

2) What's wrong with playing with a virtual hula hoop? Why not go out and play football instead of buying Madden? Furthermore, Wii Fit has a lot more than hula hoop games. A person would have to go out and buy a whole lot of equipment in order to be able to recreate all of the exercises they can play on Wii Fit.

3) Link is sexy. I just felt like adding that.

1.) Not saying 30 million own Wii Fit, just saying that games LIKE Wii Fit are pushing the system. Either that, or the waggle. The games that pushed the PS1/2 to over 100 million weren't like that. Now, looking at the likes of Mario, Zelda, etc. Those games have sold that high on both the GCN and 64, yet those consoles lost badly, so it becomes a moot point.That's what I was getting at. Those "other games" aren't what's making it sell.....but if I'm wrong, and the likes of High School Musical: Sing It are the new standard, then I feel REALLY bad for the next generation after this one

2.) The thing about Wii Fit is....why pretend to do all those things? I personally don't like Madden, but sitting down with a controller and playing =/= pretending to play football.

3.) No homo lol

Which brings up an interesting question: What were the games to push the PS1/2 to over 100 million? It can't be MGS, GT, GTA, R&C, DMC and the likes, because the PS3 has all of these, yet it is losing badly.

I believe it was those games....but now with the momentum M$ has, and the price point, and the forever speculation of "exclusive PS3 game x" will go multiplatform, all that together is preventing the PS3 from getting out of last place. And the price isn't helping either....the 360 is stopping the PS3, not the Wii

Edit: And the Wii selling for whatever reason it is, is preventing them both from selling better

so... double standards much?

thetonestarr said:
My computer is collecting dust right now. As I'm using it.

:mellow:

my pc does this too.. ... it's multi tasking...

the ps3 can do this aswell.. it's the cell that allows it to do it while playing games.. more effeciently than the other console

Check out my game about moles ^

Branko2166 said:
Agree with most points with the exception of the ps3 being a 4d multimedia device. Having said that I know this is a joke thread.

So you admit to agreeing with a joke thread?