By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii

RolStoppable said:
BMaker11 said:
BoleroOfFire said:
@BMaker11

1) 30 million people don't have Wii Fit. They must be playing other games.

2) What's wrong with playing with a virtual hula hoop? Why not go out and play football instead of buying Madden? Furthermore, Wii Fit has a lot more than hula hoop games. A person would have to go out and buy a whole lot of equipment in order to be able to recreate all of the exercises they can play on Wii Fit.

3) Link is sexy. I just felt like adding that.

1.) Not saying 30 million own Wii Fit, just saying that games LIKE Wii Fit are pushing the system. Either that, or the waggle. The games that pushed the PS1/2 to over 100 million weren't like that. Now, looking at the likes of Mario, Zelda, etc. Those games have sold that high on both the GCN and 64, yet those consoles lost badly, so it becomes a moot point.That's what I was getting at. Those "other games" aren't what's making it sell.....but if I'm wrong, and the likes of High School Musical: Sing It are the new standard, then I feel REALLY bad for the next generation after this one

2.) The thing about Wii Fit is....why pretend to do all those things? I personally don't like Madden, but sitting down with a controller and playing =/= pretending to play football.

3.) No homo lol

Which brings up an interesting question: What were the games to push the PS1/2 to over 100 million? It can't be MGS, GT, GTA, R&C, DMC and the likes, because the PS3 has all of these, yet it is losing badly.

Win.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Great as usual Rol.

RolStoppable said:
BMaker11 said:
BoleroOfFire said:
@BMaker11

2) What's wrong with playing with a virtual hula hoop? Why not go out and play football instead of buying Madden? Furthermore, Wii Fit has a lot more than hula hoop games. A person would have to go out and buy a whole lot of equipment in order to be able to recreate all of the exercises they can play on Wii Fit.

1.) Not saying 30 million own Wii Fit, just saying that games LIKE Wii Fit are pushing the system. Either that, or the waggle. The games that pushed the PS1/2 to over 100 million weren't like that. Now, looking at the likes of Mario, Zelda, etc. Those games have sold that high on both the GCN and 64, yet those consoles lost badly, so it becomes a moot point.That's what I was getting at. Those "other games" aren't what's making it sell.....but if I'm wrong, and the likes of High School Musical: Sing It are the new standard, then I feel REALLY bad for the next generation after this one

2.) The thing about Wii Fit is....why pretend to do all those things? I personally don't like Madden, but sitting down with a controller and playing =/= pretending to play football.

3.) No homo lol

Which brings up an interesting question: What were the games to push the PS1/2 to over 100 million? It can't be MGS, GT, GTA, R&C, DMC and the likes, because the PS3 has all of these, yet it is losing badly.

One of the only good things I've read in this thread. Lame overall.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Collecting Dust is my favourite Wii feature no other console can do it so well, but PS3 could serve as a grill.

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
This is getting really old now, if the joke is somewhat unfunny to begin with, stretching perpetually and ever thinner will certainly not revitalize it in any kind of way.
We get it; everyone who likes the PS3 or the 360 (or PC's for that matter) are unsophisticated losers while anyone who likes the Wii are brilliant and mature.
How is this considered humor in here, are we all such massive nerds? (I know I am a massive nerd, but I can't laugh at this).

And; please, call me a fanboy or a fag or whatever you like, I just don't see what's so funny about this, feel free to explain it to me if you can (Haha, he says one thing but actually feels and means the opposite! Haha!).

You are posting in nearly all of my threads just to say that they suck.

Is this the reason why you hate these threads so much?

Mummelmann said:

Rol and Mr.Stickball: I agree with both of you; I've been having some thoughts around Ninty for some time, but I've been afraid of posting them since there are so many Nintendo fans here, and critique against the Wii is a surefire way to get flamed.
Anyways, here we go:

The Nintendo Wii is a poor choice amidst the HD format war and the explosion not only of HD-TV's in peoples homes, but also peoples interest in technology.
I think we all can agree that people today are very aware of the functionality of their products at home, and they'll soon realize that the Wii does not play DVD's or any HD formats, that the diskspace is too small to fit significant amounts of music on and that it has no online plans/capabilities.
Also, in my personal experience, the Wiimote is not suited for conventional gaming such as racing or beat 'em up's pure rpg's.
In other words; only Wii specific titles appeal on the Wii in terms of controls, and of those, only a handfull are decent or good (everyone knows that the Wii suffers from a very poor gaming library).
And for a total gaming experience, many people want surround sound and dazzling graphics with awesome animations and realistic rendering, which is another thing the Wii is unlikely to deliver with it's sub-par power.

Lastly, the price of the games; we all know that Wii games are very cheap to produce compared to the PS3, the 360 and the PC, but the games themselves in retail stores cost just as much! In fact; here in the Nordic countries, the Wii games are often more expensive than it's competitor's!
Pair this with what has to be a very short life expectancy, and the Wii suddenly looks frail and threatened in the tough console industry.
Like Mr.Stickball said; people asume that Wii sales will continue being this high, or even twice as high! That's just plain ludicrous if you ask me.

I have to admit that I was surprised at Nintendo's initial success, but I've believed all along that it is short lived.

Lol.  Owned big time.  VGChartz has some quality analysts.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
BMaker11 said:
BoleroOfFire said:
@BMaker11

3.) No homo lol

the game was the 200$ price point.

tuoyo said:
RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
This is getting really old now, if the joke is somewhat unfunny to begin with, stretching perpetually and ever thinner will certainly not revitalize it in any kind of way.
We get it; everyone who likes the PS3 or the 360 (or PC's for that matter) are unsophisticated losers while anyone who likes the Wii are brilliant and mature.
How is this considered humor in here, are we all such massive nerds? (I know I am a massive nerd, but I can't laugh at this).

And; please, call me a fanboy or a fag or whatever you like, I just don't see what's so funny about this, feel free to explain it to me if you can (Haha, he says one thing but actually feels and means the opposite! Haha!).

You are posting in nearly all of my threads just to say that they suck.

Is this the reason why you hate these threads so much?

Mummelmann said:

Rol and Mr.Stickball: I agree with both of you; I've been having some thoughts around Ninty for some time, but I've been afraid of posting them since there are so many Nintendo fans here, and critique against the Wii is a surefire way to get flamed.
Anyways, here we go:

The Nintendo Wii is a poor choice amidst the HD format war and the explosion not only of HD-TV's in peoples homes, but also peoples interest in technology.
I think we all can agree that people today are very aware of the functionality of their products at home, and they'll soon realize that the Wii does not play DVD's or any HD formats, that the diskspace is too small to fit significant amounts of music on and that it has no online plans/capabilities.
Also, in my personal experience, the Wiimote is not suited for conventional gaming such as racing or beat 'em up's pure rpg's.
In other words; only Wii specific titles appeal on the Wii in terms of controls, and of those, only a handfull are decent or good (everyone knows that the Wii suffers from a very poor gaming library).
And for a total gaming experience, many people want surround sound and dazzling graphics with awesome animations and realistic rendering, which is another thing the Wii is unlikely to deliver with it's sub-par power.

Lastly, the price of the games; we all know that Wii games are very cheap to produce compared to the PS3, the 360 and the PC, but the games themselves in retail stores cost just as much! In fact; here in the Nordic countries, the Wii games are often more expensive than it's competitor's!
Pair this with what has to be a very short life expectancy, and the Wii suddenly looks frail and threatened in the tough console industry.
Like Mr.Stickball said; people asume that Wii sales will continue being this high, or even twice as high! That's just plain ludicrous if you ask me.

I have to admit that I was surprised at Nintendo's initial success, but I've believed all along that it is short lived.

Lol.  Owned big time.  VGChartz has some quality analysts.

Yeah, real owned. The jokes are still poor and Rol has even more silly predictions and analyst skills than me; he believes that the Wii will tripple the combined sales of the PS360... And then there's John Lucas who also talks out of his ass all the time and gets away with it. I am wrong on many occassions but I differ from most in two ways; I have changed mu outlook on things over the course of my stay here (the post Rol referred too is very old, I'm sure I can conjure up some dirt on him as well) and I can admit that I'm wrong and have done so many times.

The post he pulled out is silly, I admit, but it was written quite some time ago and I did actually believe what I wrote then and there despite the OP being sarcastic. I have always said; I am a huge Nintendo fan but not a Wii fan and many fail to recognize the difference. I've owned every single Ninty console (up until the Wii) and hundreds of Ninty titles in my time but I feel they are going in a direction I don't like with the Wii. How can I not be entitled to that opinion? I sure as hell ain't the only person on earth who feels this way.

Mummelmann said:

I have always said; I am a huge Nintendo fan but not a Wii fan and many fail to recognize the difference. I've owned every single Ninty console (up until the Wii) and hundreds of Ninty titles in my time but I feel they are going in a direction I don't like with the Wii. How can I not be entitled to that opinion? I sure as hell ain't the only person on earth who feels this way.

I can never quite understand this.  You hate the Wii just because it is bringing in new gamers?  Or it has many party games? Or it has a different control type?  I don't understand it.  How can you be a big Nintendo fan and hate the Wii?  It's not like you are forced to buy crap like Wii Music. 

So far we have had Mario Kart Wii which is a million times better than the GC version.  We have had Galaxy which is a billion times better than Mario Sunshine.  We've had Twilight Princess which is the equal of Wind Waker (some prefer Wind Waker some prefer TP but you can't say with certainty one is better than the other).  We've had Brawl which is better than Melee.  We've had Mario Strikers which is better than the Gamecube version.  We will soon be getting Pikmin 3 (Mr Miyamoto now that you have finished with the ridiculous Wii Music I hope you are going to get down to making this).  It will probably be as good as Pikmin 2 and better than Pikmin.

So how could you love Nintendo games and hate the Wii?  It puzzles me.  Even if you only ever bought those games I listed that would still be an amazingly good selection of games.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

RolStoppable said:
sc94597 said:
@BMaker11 So people buy the console to look at it? I'm pretty sure people buy a Video Game console to play Video Games, and if it doesn't sell because it has Video Games that the people like what does it sell for?

Read the OP. Besides gaming, the Wii can also be used to collect dust.

My Wii Use me!

Great Thread Rol

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

RolStoppable said:
BMaker11 said:
BoleroOfFire said:
@BMaker11

3.) No homo lol

I believe it was those games....but now with the momentum M$ has, and the price point, and the forever speculation of "exclusive PS3 game x" will go multiplatform, all that together is preventing the PS3 from getting out of last place. And the price isn't helping either....the 360 is stopping the PS3, not the Wii

Edit: And the Wii selling for whatever reason it is, is preventing them both from selling better