By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii

@SmokedHostage, Ah nice I haven't seen that option yet since I've just been playing single player for now. I assume that you can turn off special items for online play also? I only played it a few times online when it first came out. I wanted to get the courses down more before I go back to online play.

Around the Network

^Agreed.

Also @Mummelmann: A video game console does not require extra multimedia capabilities to be good. Otherwise, ytf did anyone buy SNES, Sega etc.? And after playing MK:Wii with the wheel, I refuse to play with a regular controller. As for the weaker hardware argument, it's more capable than all of the systems from the previous generation. Did you hate those also?

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

waron said:
RolStoppable said:

We all know how Nintendo fans like to brag about the Wii's success, but it should be common knowledge that sales do not equal with quality. Here are five excellent reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii:

1. The games - The PS3 clearly has the better library than the Wii according to Metacritic. While the PS3 offers gamers new IPs in droves, the Wii is stuck with sequels of milked franchises(I LOL'd hard here so you mean that those sequel gangbangers aren't raping ps3 all the time? gta4, mgs4, cod4, oblivion, ratchet games, resistance games, ninja gaiden sigma, wipeout, ut3, tom clancy games etc. says hi) like Super Mario #128. To make matters worse, Nintendo is trying to fool consumers by adding subtitles instead of regular numbers at the end of their rehashes. Although part of this could be attributed to Nintendo themselves having lost track of exactly how many games they already released in their franchises.(you DO realise that nintendo is releasing always only one game from every series on thier console with exception like mario party?)

2. Multimedia functions - While the Wii only offers two basic functions (playing games and collecting dust, more commonly the latter one of these two is used)(yeah let's forget that we are buying consoles to play games and forget about watching pictures from sd card, internet browser mp3/aac player weather and news channel that sony copied from nintendo), the PS3 is a magnificent media center for the living room and is also the only console with the ability to play Bluray movies(wii is the only console that can use wiimotes and play nintendo games). This makes the Wii look like a toy in comparison which doesn't stand a chance against the Sony PlayStation 3 Interactive Multimedia 4D True Next Generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System.

3. More value for your money - It's well known that Nintendo overcharges for their outdated last generation hardware and makes insane profits. On the other hand Sony sees the PlayStation 3 as an investment for the future and is selling the system below production costs(lol, are u serious?). This means that happy customers get much more value for their hard earned money compared to the Wii which by now should Nintendo only cost about $100 to produce(wii production costs are about 170-180 per console) , yet they are arrogant enough to say that they don't plan to drop the price of the Wii for consumers' sake(yeah and sony was our friend at E3 2005 and 2006 when they told us that we should get another job to buy ps3). I hope you burn in hell, Nintendo.

4. PSN - Sony's online service is clearly superior to Nintendo's (if you can call theirs even a service)(where?). Aside from the overpriced ROM dump called Virtual Console(if you will find and buy all those games from auctions or shops for same money then we talk) which offers a good game here and there, Nintendo hasn't much to offer and the online play in their games requires friend codes and is laggy (you know what I am talking about if you ever played SSBB against someone from freaking Mexico). Sony's PSN gives you pretty much all you want from an online service and on top of that, it is free(lol and wii's online service is freakin xbox live now?).

5. Start up costs - Another reason why the PS3 is better than the Wii, because it doesn't come with as many hidden costs. A $249 Wii seems cheap at first, but if you add in that you need several extra controllers to enjoy the system, it becomes clear that Nintendo is ripping off its customers(lol? i've had only one controler for more than month and i didn't have any problem with that. besieds of course sony always give you 10 free sixasix with every ps3 which is almost twice wiis price, right? and add there new tv hd to ps3 price as a hidden cos since you are talking about them). The only thing that's worse, are probably sensitive Wii fans who refuse to get educated.

i hope this thread is a joke, right? RIGHT?

RolStoppable making joke threads? I don't think so dude.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Wow, I didn't no the Wii had any fanboys, it's been a while sinse someone insulted the Wii

lol Some people REALLY need to see Rol's historial :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Snake612 said:
The PS3 has some decent games and the online is great but the wii's game library is slighty better.

Based on what?

Pure Opinion.

4 ≈ One

lol at the gif

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

LOL @ those taking this thread seriously..... :D

RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:

Nice work Rol! Great read, now I will sit back and enjoy!

PS: Do you have any "Why soriku has the highest post count ?" thread?

Not yet and I am not sure if I would do such a thread. But who knows, maybe Soriku says something that pisses me off and I'll do it. Hehehe.

I revealed the secret back when he became the member with the highest post count. 

[edit:  the reveal was a little more impressive considering that back then it wasn't automatically displayed.  Or at least I hope it wasn't, otherwise I was pretty dumb to overlook it and do all that work.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!