By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 is better than the Wii

BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:

@BMaker11 So people buy the console to look at it? I'm pretty sure people buy a Video Game console to play Video Games. If it doesn't sell because it has Video Games that the people like what does it sell for?

I say this because I stand by the belief of, if you think the likes of Mario Kart, Super Mario, Metroid, etc are making it sell, then why did the GCN and N64 do so poorly? Those games obviously aren't the driving force behind people buying the Wii, otherwise the two previous Nintendo console would have had a killing in sales as the Wii is having now

Those games did move GameCube units, but were for the traditional gamer, and in those days most traditional gamers were more interested in PS2 and Xbox.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

This wasn't one of your better threads, Rol. You basically just stated a bunch of well known facts.

thetonestarr said:
BMaker11 said:
sc94597 said:

@BMaker11 So people buy the console to look at it? I'm pretty sure people buy a Video Game console to play Video Games. If it doesn't sell because it has Video Games that the people like what does it sell for?

I say this because I stand by the belief of, if you think the likes of Mario Kart, Super Mario, Metroid, etc are making it sell, then why did the GCN and N64 do so poorly? Those games obviously aren't the driving force behind people buying the Wii, otherwise the two previous Nintendo console would have had a killing in sales as the Wii is having now

Duh, those aren't the games that are making it sell.

If those aren't, then what are? Whenever someone talks bad about the Wii's library, those games pop up. It's not Zack and Wiki that's doing

Makes sense to me Rol.

It just makes me wonder how I ever made my expectations for having fun so low that I actually enjoyed my Wii for a while. Heh, time for that baby to collect some dust and cigarette ash.*

*dies a little inside

Smeags said:
Makes sense to me Rol.

It just makes me wonder how I ever made my expectations for having fun so low that I actually enjoyed my Wii for a while. Heh, time for that baby to collect some dust and cigarette ash.*

*dies a little inside

Completely off-topic:

So, you're a smoker? Think about the lens! D:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

@BMaker I think its obvious what games sell the wii. Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, etc. Thats ok, because the other games that you mentioned sell it to core gamers.

And you are being serious or not...?

@SHMUP

Well, I just overheard izaaz talking about cigarette ash. I would feel bad If I left a fellow Sonic Support Squad member out.

cool48 said:
And you are being serious or not...?

Are you being serious or not...? O_o

You know who he is, right?

Smeags said:
@SHMUP

Well, I just overheard izaaz talking about cigarette ash. I would feel bad If I left a fellow Sonic Support Squad member out.

Sweet, I got mentioned by the (co-)founder of the SSS!