By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The Xbox360 will be ahead of the PS3, 7 of the next 8 weeks.

Indeed,Sony is on the right track. They have canceled TheGetaway 3 and 8Days,all exclusives,and said that they were focusing on profit and on a PRESS STATEMENT clearly spoke that there will be no price cut in 2008 and no plans really after that.
They are on the right track for sure.

Like i said,this Xmass will be interesting,very interesting.

EDIT- 199 for the Arcade and 299 for the 60GB ,while 80gb ps3 at 399. Why hasn`t Sony cut the price of the 40gb like MS has done with the 20gb ? ***Spoiler -> Profit ***

Around the Network

@kjj4t9rdad "The arcade version is worthless. You can't play on line, you can't update the the system or games and you can't even save game progress."

um all of that is lies ... you can play online, you can save games (does come with a memory card, dont know how many saves it will hold) can update your system, (there are 2 types of updates both the core can handle)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

coolestguyever said:
Stan85 said:
Actually... Sony needs to drop the price and release good software... but they are thinking at profit,so no price drop this year...And i don`t think that Resistance 2 is the system seller Sony needs...LBP and Motorstorm ...*nope*... The real system seller is God of War 3...in 2009,so...YES,360 at 199 with Gears 2 is a succes...Fable 2 will sell good also... So i think the xbox 360 will be ahead of the ps3

God of War 3 eh?

God of War 1 sales - 3.20 Million

Gran Turismo 3 sales - 14.87 Million

The real system seller in 2009 is Gran Turismo 5, not God of War 3

I think he meant it will be the system seller in NA.

OT: We can't really make an educated guess unless we know when Sony will start shipping the 80GB PS3s. And we don't.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

might happen.....

Gran Turismo 5 is competing with Forza 3,so i see a tie on the horizon.
Some people lied/missinformed that the arcade doesn`t save/work on Live and i wonder why...

And i still don`t know why Sony didn`t drop the price of the 40gb model when for the same price you can get an 80gb one. Any ideas why?

Around the Network
Stan85 said:
Gran Turismo 5 is competing with Forza 3,so i see a tie on the horizon.
Some people lied/missinformed that the arcade doesn`t save/work on Live and i wonder why...

And i still don`t know why Sony didn`t drop the price of the 40gb model when for the same price you can get an 80gb one. Any ideas why?

they want to make a profit.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Tbone said:
Think it will outsell ps3 during august after that i think it will change.

360 price cut doesn't even go in to effect until September apparently, so i think you might be off..... just a tad.

Just kiss the tip.

Lets see - 3/8 weeks will be after the Xbox360 Arcade price cut, I consider those weeks will have the Xbox360 ahead of the PS3 for sure.

This week I expect the Xbox360 will have another winner off the back of strong sales in Japan. The week after is Madden week, so I would say its all looking pretty good for another Xbox360 win.

Thats 5/8 weeks, the other 3 I can't account for. So i'll just leave it to fate.

Tease.

The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is indifference. Being indifferent in that you cannot even be bothered to have any emotional commitment whatsoever. Why am I saying this well, because a lot of gamers on these forums are indifferent to the plight of the poor. They assume in their own self centered way that everyone enjoys the same standard of living they do. They assume that everyone has the freedom of choice.

Well that is just not the way the world happens to be. There are a lot of people that get by on modest sums of money, and how they do that you might ask. Well they are frugal with the money they spend. They have tight wallets, and for them if it costs more then they can afford then it might as well not exist. Necessities do take precedence over luxuries.

The arcade with the new price point is not geared to those that are typically on these forums. The console is directed at consumers of more modest means. For those persons there will be only two choices this holiday season. The 360 arcade of the PS2. That is what posters mean when they say a lower economic bracket, or a broader demographic.

What this means is while Microsoft will still be mining the same market its two competitors are also mining. Microsoft will also be mining the low end market. Which their competitors cannot mine. This means that Microsoft will have a large market exclusive to themselves. So when you think about it Microsoft is actually having two price cuts in North America a cheaper 60GB console for the current market, and a high end console for the low end market.

You cannot literally use old math. Not only has the price dropped, but the possible market to sell the product to increases dramatically. Assume that there are fifty million consumers in North America willing to spend over two hundred dollars on a gaming console. You might however assume that under two hundred dollars there are another hundred million consumers who might be willing to purchase a console.

While everyone is focusing on that last twenty million in that first demographic. Microsoft will be making the move on a much larger demographic which every manufacturer must mine eventually. This is why Microsoft was so confident in their claims. They will enjoy a much larger market to sell their product to then Sony will for quite some time. They will enjoy a significant edge. They will be doubly vested in the high end gaming market, and the low end gaming market.

I really think that if the Arcade arrives at two hundred dollars with the others models having similar cuts. Expect sales in excess of 150,000 weekly in North America. A three hundred dollar 20GB is already driving sales around a hundred thousand. So I think the 360 will at least beat the PS3 weekly by 50,000 units, and in some weeks by as much as 100,000.

So that would be my prediction by the end of this year you will see the 360 beat the PS3 by 100,000 in at least one week.

kjj4t9rdad said:
The xbox won three straight weeks. SO WHAT!!! The PS3 beat it the previous 7-1/2 months. You actually think that a $199 Arcade will make any difference. The arcade version is worthless. You can't play on line, you can't update the the system or games and you can't even save game progress. People are realising the xbox is a rushed, cheaply made, stripped down version of the PS3. You can buy any xbox and to get it to do what the PS3 does off the shelf, you have to spend more than what the PS3 costs. Not to mention the $10 a month you have to pay for online playing. Over the supposed 7 year cycle that microsoft claims, that is $420 extra. But don't worry, your x-box 360 will have the infamous "ring of death" long before that seventh year comes. I wonder how many of the X-box's 20 million is sales are replacements for ones that have died. Don't forget there are less that 13 million x-box live users, where are the remaining 7 million?
My prediction is the PS3 will pass the x-box by the middle of 2009. After that microsoft will abandon the console industry. They have lost billions on the 360 and there is no end in sight.

O'RLY? Source, please. Tell your butt to PM me this info because it's obvious you pulled this info from out of there. Your *trolling* is clueless and utterly pathetic.

PHAIL.