By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The Xbox360 will be ahead of the PS3, 7 of the next 8 weeks.

I think the price drop might hurt the 360 a little in big retail chains, such as Best Buy and Circuit City. The reason being, the stores won't get as much money out of selling a cheap product. Therefore the employees will push the PS3 onto customers, telling them it's a better value because it has Blu-ray. They will also try to push PS3 units along with newly purchased HDTVs for the same reason, the Blu-ray capabilities. The more they can add to the purchase, the better.

Microsoft and Sony can pay all they want to the stores to advertise their products, but in the end it's really up to how management and the employees want to sell these products onto customers.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

X-Bots........lol......ahhh!!!! shit thought I was in 2007 for a second!

Who came up with "X-bots"....I've never heard an intelligent "normal" person use it as an insult....

Yeah you X-Bot skum!!!! I'm going to eat you all.

coolestguyever said:
Stan85 said:
Actually... Sony needs to drop the price and release good software... but they are thinking at profit,so no price drop this year...And i don`t think that Resistance 2 is the system seller Sony needs...LBP and Motorstorm ...*nope*... The real system seller is God of War 3...in 2009,so...YES,360 at 199 with Gears 2 is a succes...Fable 2 will sell good also... So i think the xbox 360 will be ahead of the ps3

God of War 3 eh?

God of War 1 sales - 3.20 Million

Gran Turismo 3 sales - 14.87 Million

The real system seller in 2009 is Gran Turismo 5, not God of War 3

wrong ! Gran Turismo 5 is 2010. Please do your research before you post.

Burgles said:
X-Bots........lol......ahhh!!!! shit thought I was in 2007 for a second!

Who came up with "X-bots"....I've never heard an intelligent "normal" person use it as an insult....

Yeah you X-Bot skum!!!! I'm going to eat you all.

Like wiitards! It's funny how using such terms immediately shows people's true characters :)

Only 7 out of 8 weeks? I'm going for a clean sweep.... 360 to win 8 out of 8

Around the Network
Stan85 said:

Sony slaves are funny.

You think that +40gb of hdd space without BC will help the ps3 WW? It can not compete with a real price drop ( 20gb at 299 and arcade at 199 and soon 60gb at 299) What i like is that you think that only Gears 2 and Fable 2 will move consoles... what about GTA 4 episode 1 (fall 2008) and episode 2 (spring 2009)? PS3 owners got upset because the pc will wave gta4 with the exact content they do,but not xbox 360 owners...we will get 10 hours+ per episode (it was 25 milion dollars per episode,so...). And believe me,the 360 will be just fine.

its funny because ps3 was outselling 360 even with a similar price gap - all year? why cant it still do the same when the new 80 gig ps3 is out?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Gran Turismo 5 is ps3 system seller? well,we have Forza 3,so...not really a big blow to the 360... God of War 3 is in my eyes a system seller,but have it your way... Metal Gear Solid 4 should have been a system seller,but i saw it all on youtube (it`s more cutscene4 than mgs4,but i like`ed it anyway). GoW3 is better than Ninja Gaiden 2,but it will be on youtube just like Chais of olympus is. Why? Because not everyone has 400 to spend for just 2 games,because... FF13 was lost(the big ps3 exclusive).
So no,ps3 does not interest me or ohers,but a cheap 200$ arcade with Gears 2,Fable 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2(good game,btw)+ 2 GTA 4 episodes+Halo(because in USA it is a succes,and 199$ is for USA only)... i think this hollyday will be interesting...very interesting.
And for all of you $ony slaves that are still living in ps2 shadow - the 360 Falcon has a 65nm CPU and a 80nm GPU(not 90 as the first models) and it has a special glue that (finally) ATI made(epoxy resin) that keeps the GPU in place and no more RROD(+ a cooler too). Jasper (september-october 2008) will have a 65nm GPU,so really...no more RROD. I have a Falcon and is reliable,i have no fear.
Stop using the first models that rrod`ed as an excuse ONLY to justify your purchase(400 is a big sum of money and the system does not have so many games).
Stop living in your dream world where Sony dominates and see that Nintendo is a succes even in Japan,like the ps2 was.

EDIT-online play on Xbox Live needs a HDD? The Arcade comes with a 256mb card so you can save games and download game updates(20-30mb),that are a must for online play(45$ for 12+1 months=3,5$ per month). So why the lak of informations?

its very easy for sony to get back on track. all they have to do is lower their price in Others. MS made their first move, sony needs to respond, they cant afford to lose too much ground in NA.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The PS3 was at like 150-160k a week before the shortages started, the 360 is now at 150k a week with a clearance price on a popular SKU.

A rumored price cut on the worst SKU of the 360 won't keep it at 150,000, with the 80gig being introduced the PS3 could see 160-170k a week.

So no.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Saying the 360 will win 7 of the next 8 weeks is going out on a limb. All things considered, it is possible but there are so many imponderables (has demand built up for the PS3 whilst Sony manoeuvres the new SKU onto the market or have they lost potential customers to their competitors due to the shortage of PS3s?; and will the 360 get the price cut mooted for so long on the forums?) for predicting 8 weeks in advance that it's a difficult call to make. What can be said with some certainty is that the PS3 is going to lose some market share this coming week by dropping a point, and that is likely to be repeated in the coming weeks whilst the PS3 stock remains low. DMeisterJ's prediction that the PS3 would have 25% market share by the end of 2008, which always looked improbable barring a major correction to VGChartz data, surely looks impossible now.