By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The Xbox360 will be ahead of the PS3, 7 of the next 8 weeks.

Depends whether the Xbox 360 Japan boost lasts more than one week.

It also depends on whether Sony clears up shortage issues prior to the September Xbox 360 price cut.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Acevil said:
I say 6/8 or 5/8!
How about this the DS will win top spot for the rest of the year :P

you think.. :P The Wii has a good chance of beating it, i say they will change position more then 4 times ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Stan85 said:

Sony slaves are funny.

You think that +40gb of hdd space without BC will help the ps3 WW? It can not compete with a real price drop ( 20gb at 299 and arcade at 199 and soon 60gb at 299) What i like is that you think that only Gears 2 and Fable 2 will move consoles... what about GTA 4 episode 1 (fall 2008) and episode 2 (spring 2009)? PS3 owners got upset because the pc will wave gta4 with the exact content they do,but not xbox 360 owners...we will get 10 hours+ per episode (it was 25 milion dollars per episode,so...). And believe me,the 360 will be just fine.

And will +40 gb of hdd space with very limited BC save the 360? The 360 can't compete WW with a price drop only in the US. The GTA IV DLC won't help. Where is the "360 GTA IV outsells PS3 GTA IV 2:1" crowd? The 360 will be fine, but it will be behind the PS3.

You have a time machine and know what will sell in the future? Are you forgetting the GTA hardcore fans that will download the episodes? Are you forgetting that 360 players prefer shooters (and Gears 1 sold 5 milion even if it`s also on pc) ? Are you forgettinf that in US the 360 will be at half the price of a ps3 (and even now there are 12 million 360 in US compared to only 5,5 million ps3...*imagine when the price drop hits*)?

So give me a break,ps2 was great,sold great and had great games. Sony messed up with ps3 and no one can change that.

Are you forgetting that most people who want Gears of War 2 have already bought a 360 for it? Are you forgetting that the PS3 has some excellent shooters coming up? Are you forgetting that those hardcore GTA fans have already bought GTA IV?

Give me a break. The 360 is great, but it can't beat the PS3 even when it has excellent games, better online and better price. Look at last year's WW holiday season.

Around the Network

I think you are forgetting that Gears 1 impressed many pc gamers that didn`t bought a 360 because there was no need. Gears 2 is exclusive to 360 and it`s a better game than the first,so many pc players will buy the 360 now because it has a big price drop and a great game.
GTA 4 on pc was easy to tell,and when everybody is done with the game,they will want more.Tha 360 will have 2 x 10 hours of more fun,so...yes,another one for 360.
Believe me,xbox 360 will be ahead of ps3. You are only talking about brand lolalty and that is prety big in US for the 360. Europe is where the ps3 does better and in Japan ps3 is selling not so good.

Stan85 said:
I think you are forgetting that Gears 1 impressed many pc gamers that didn`t bought a 360 because there was no need. Gears 2 is exclusive to 360 and it`s a better game than the first,so many pc players will buy the 360 now because it has a big price drop and a great game.

==> GoW2 will go PC too

and PC gamers can easly pick a 300-350$ premium. They will never buy a Arcade ...

GTA 4 on pc was easy to tell,and when everybody is done with the game,they will want more.Tha 360 will have 2 x 10 hours of more fun,so...yes,another one for 360.

==> next year ...yes, for sure.

Believe me,xbox 360 will be ahead of ps3. You are only talking about brand lolalty and that is prety big in US for the 360.

==> false.

If it was true, considering the price, then PS3 would never have succeed to match the Xbox360 sales during the first 6 months. There is a true brand loyalty also in the US.

Europe is where the ps3 does better and in Japan ps3 is selling not so good.

The only question is : how the Xbox360 arcade will succeed to sell to casual ?

with others words : how the Arcade 200$ will fight versus the Wii 250$ ?

Time to Work !

slimeattack said:

Are you forgetting that most people who want Gears of War 2 have already bought a 360 for it? Are you forgetting that the PS3 has some excellent shooters coming up? Are you forgetting that those hardcore GTA fans have already bought GTA IV?

Give me a break. The 360 is great, but it can't beat the PS3 even when it has excellent games, better online and better price. Look at last year's WW holiday season.

Like Resistence 2? Killzone 2? Socom (like 8 or something)?  Are you forgetting those hardcore Fable II, Infinite Undiscovery, Too Human, Caslte Crashers, Viva Pinata, Fallout 3 fans that don't yet have those games or a 360?

Are you forgetting most people who want resistence 2 not only already have a PS3 but got it at launch?

And that last bit you had there was too funny to retort. Its more of a facepalm moment.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Whether you like it or not his prognostications are beyond sound. The reason is he probably applied logic rather then he applied bias. There are three factors the first is the clearance of the 20GB 360s. The second is the introduction of the rumored price cut. The third is the lineup. He is allowing one week for opposite trend due to the possibility of 20GB depletion on store shelves.

I think the lineup cannot be ignored. You have the PS3 has an incredibly weak lineup. They have SOCOM, Disgea 3, and Afrika. None of which are particularly noteworthy. The SOCOM series is a waning series for gamers. Disgea is most definitely not a blockbuster, and Afrika would be lucky to sell as many titles as Endless Ocean.

Meanwhile the 360 has three highly anticipated titles in Too Human, Tales of Vesperia, and Infinite Undiscovery. Two of which are bound to get decent advertising in North America, and nearing the end of the eight week period should see Fable II advertisements dancing along with Fallout 3 advertisements.

Anyway the prediction is far from idiotic. Hell to argue against it is to argue against logic. Also for those saying North America does not matter. Get real in a big way soon. North America is deciding the weekly winner, and will do so throughout the coarse of this year. So what North America thinks matters a great deal, and the 360 price point as of now seems to have caught their eye. What do you think will happen when a 360 hits the proverbial sweet spot. Do you think the sales will inch forward marginally? No the sales will rocket past a hundred thousand, and probably stay there, and there isn't much that the PS3 can do against that. He is really making a safe prediction.

It's possible.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39600&end=39663

I think a better prediction would be that the X360 will have sold 33% more than Ps3 over the next 8 weeks (including this one).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS