By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought FFVI advance

congratz, I was thinking of buying that too, but I decided that i'd rather get ffIV for the ds. Also its probally coming to the ds too so ill get it then.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

FFVI is the best in the series and in my personal opinion the best game of all time. Just do yourself a favor and read no spoilers or faqs.

Like most agree, best FF ever... and one of the best RPGs of all time (top 3 in my opinion)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Leetgeek said:

Gratz:
Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game (yes better then 7). The GBA version is a perfectly good port of the SNES version except in 1 area, the music, which for some reason is not as good as the SNES version in terms of quality.

Nitpicking? Perhaps, I dunno thats the greatest videogame soundtrack of all time imo so I notice these things.

Really? I LOVE the music

MANUELF said:
Leetgeek said:

Gratz:
Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game (yes better then 7). The GBA version is a perfectly good port of the SNES version except in 1 area, the music, which for some reason is not as good as the SNES version in terms of quality.

Nitpicking? Perhaps, I dunno thats the greatest videogame soundtrack of all time imo so I notice these things.

Really? I LOVE the music

They're both the same music, just the GBA can't do as good as quality sound as the SNES and that's what he means.  It's more compressed I believe?

Around the Network

Congratulation you are now playing the best FF game ever made so far with the greatest Villain ever (sephiroth is nothing compared to Kefka)

And it also have the best overwold theme ever created

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

twesterm said:
MANUELF said:
Leetgeek said:

Gratz:

Really? I LOVE the music

They're both the same music, just the GBA can't do as good as quality sound as the SNES and that's what he means.  It's more compressed I believe?

It's true.

However, the game does come with extra end game dungeons, the ability to play the game after you've completed it, remastered opera sequence, rebalanced difficulty, improved graphics, and an entirely retranslated script.

So, while the GBA doesn't give you the same rich sound you'd get from television speakers, it's hardly noticable unless you compare them side by side in a sound-off.

Besides that, this is without a doubt the premier version of the game. The emulator version is even better, where you can turn the frequency of the music up and get great sound.

Another great update is FFIV DS, which has just been released and remastered.

Check out the two vids posted above. They are an accurate representation of the two games.

Of course, the point is moot, seeing as how the only way you'll be playing the SNES version is if you somehow managed to hang on to your game, or you downloaded it illegally.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Naum said:
Congratulation you are now playing the best FF game ever made so far with the greatest Villain ever (sephiroth is nothing compared to Kefka)

Agree that FF6 is better then 7 for sure. Disagree on the villans fron though Sephiroth was the Coolest villan ever.

@ Zen

I have posted 2 you tube videos here to compare. It's pretty noticable and not just because of the difference in speakers.

Don't want to argue about this though because Manuelf is still in for a hell of a ride regardless.

I really hope they remake this game for a console. I know they won't just with they would.

It's a really great game, but it still has some flaws.

There will be a part that will annoy you and requires some will to play on, but apart from that section, it is a perfectly fine game.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Great pickup. This game is what made me a fan of not only Final Fantasy, but Jrpgs in general.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!