By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit calls young girl overweight, girl is devastated - I blame Wii Fit!

I'd really like to hear more details before i pass judgment on this one

Around the Network
tabsina said:
I'd really like to hear more details before i pass judgment on this one

On who? The chubber mcflubber?

Isnt 90lbs a little high for a 4'9'' 10 year old? i mean i dont think theres a lot of 10 year old girls who have a lot of muscle mass for that age and height. Hell females in general naturaly dont have a lot of upper body strength (unless they work out with a fricken bowflex) compared to males. Plus it sounds like she's a little insecure about her wieght (i know for a fact at one point in time everyone feels that way until they snap out of it). Also people tend to misuse the term *over wieght* just because your over wieght dosen't mean your fat fat but you just have  some extra wieght unless your obese thats a different story.

LMAO!!!!

Wii Fit: Hey little girl, come over here close to the TV.

Little Girl: Ok, what is it Wii Fit? :D

Wii Fit: *whisper*You're fat.*whisper*

Little Girl: Mama NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Zenfoldor blames Wii-Fit for this tragedy.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PhatLaosBoi said:
She's just insecure about her body. Seriously, she has way bigger issues than what a videogame thinks of her.

perhaps Nintendo should release Nintendo's confidence trainining for DS to be played alongside Wii Fit.

Around the Network

The article said that the parents said that the girl was "solidly built". As to what that means, I have no idea.

I'm one of the skinniest guys my friends know, and due to my strong legs (hidden mass), almost no fat content (seriously, I'm pretty slender) and still hit the gym up regularly, my weight to height ratio suggests I'm in danger of being "overweight" (BMI).

Overweight is such a silly term to begin with. Unhealthily "Fat" is a better term, but much harder to calculate than "weight".

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

"Rather than calculating players' weight and offering a friendly helping hand on the road to physical fitness, some [citation needed] Wii Fit users are worried that the software could be shattering the impressionable psyches of young 'uns when it mistakenly labels them as overweight.

A member of DISBoards writes that her healthy and active ten-year-old relative was 'devastated' when Wii Fit deemed that she was a little on the heavy side, and that the family "had to work hard to convince her that she isn't." [This section may be misleading due to the use of 'weasel words']

In the light of a media culture where 'thin is beautiful', could the huge popularity of the Wii Fit Balance Board and the sometimes-inaccurate BMI measurement scale [citation needed] be the catalyst for even more trouble as the game sets sits sight on the US - or is it all just a case of overreacting?

DISBoards' forumites seem to think so, with one suggesting a letter of complaint to Nintendo would be the way forward."

If you have any evidence that the BMI calculator is occasionally wrong by a considerable margin, I will listen to you, otherwise this post fails miserably

Would you prefer if WiiFit lied to these overweight people, or told them the truth?

I'm in the middle of reading the posts from the website, people amaze me. One, the over reaction of the parents without even confirming their daughter used the thing properly and then some stooge uses it as a forum to say the Wii is a GC with motion controllers and if you want a real game system, go HD.

Joking aside...it's ridiculous that there's people that will or have written complaints to Nintendo about Wii Fit...because it encourages people to be fit........

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )