By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit calls young girl overweight, girl is devastated - I blame Wii Fit!

My gosh. "the device told me to stab myself 10 times so I did"

Even though its probably correct I don't know why you would get upset as parent. Do your job and stop expecting others to do it for you.

Like they say
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
largedarryl said:

Well I followed the links back to the parents post. She says that her daughter is 4'9" and weighs 92 lbs.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24943589

I'm not too sure if my assumption is correct, but for an active 10 year old girl, that weight sounds very high. Can anybody else confirm this, or am I way off base here.

Those are stats of most of my 20 year old friends all of which are very fit and skinny. But then again they are 20 and this girl is 10 ....

This is my signature.

famousringo said:
PooperScooper said:
Thats what I was thinking stof. Biased parents man. Or maybe her parents are whales and the kid is healthy comparably to them

Or she's very active and has more muscle than most girls her age. Or she's short and stocky.

BMI is a quick-and-dirty measurement of healthy weight. Its main feature is convenience and simplicity, not accuracy. All of this is fine... until people start to take it too seriously.

How many overly muscular 10 year old girls do you know? I say she is fat. 

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

If her parents wouldn't "grow some" and tell she need to exercise a little bit, the WII would. And they say the Wii isn't hardcore.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Well looks like Nintendo is going to get a lawsuit out of this.

Frankly BMI ratings fail 40% of the time. I'm classified as overweight yet there isnt an once of fat on me.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Somethings wrong with their claim, if the girl was 4 foot 9 inches and 92 pounds her BMI would be 19.9 which is in the normal range; at 4 foot 9 you would have to be 115.5 pounds before you hit the overweight range.

HappySqurriel said:
Somethings wrong with their claim, if the girl was 4 foot 9 inches and 92 pounds her BMI would be 19.9 which is in the normal range; at 4 foot 9 you would have to be 115.5 pounds before you hit the overweight range.

Maybe she was 192 pounds and not just 92 pounds... >.<

largedarryl said:

Well I followed the links back to the parents post. She says that her daughter is 4'9" and weighs 92 lbs.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24943589

I'm not too sure if my assumption is correct, but for an active 10 year old girl, that weight sounds very high. Can anybody else confirm this, or am I way off base here.

My sister is like 4'9, 70 lbs. That girl would be straight at around 77-83 lbs. 92 is a tad high. I got problems GAINING weight, and it seems to me nobody wants to help me gain weight cuz Nintendo's trying to make people lose it. I BLAME WII FIT!!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Asterix's Friend Obelix is also unhappy with Wii Fit, it told him he was Obese when the correct wording is "just a bit wrapped" (in fat)
If you don't know asterix, don't worry about the joke :p

Though seeing my girlfriend as underweight, I have to say, this "healthy" kid must be pretty healthy for wii fit to call her overweight.
I'm bordering obese myself, but I have a strong buid, I doubt any 10 year old has a strong build....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

does anyone think she just had the board on a non flat surface and it miscalculated her weight? They say she is 92 pounds, did the wii tell her the exact weight or did she use another scale in a different room.

For instance my own scale if put on a sloped floor will add 20 pounds to me. On a level floor i am 20 pounds lighter.

This is my signature.