By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit calls young girl overweight, girl is devastated - I blame Wii Fit!

Maybe Wii Fit should include a Docter's voice in it. Like Dr. Drew
http://www.dolland.net/loveline/sound/drops/yourefat.mp3

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
Gnosis said:
BMI isn't always right, it doesn't know much muscle you have, and muscle weighs more than fat doesn't it?
But assuming this young girl isn't some weight lifter, maybe she is a tad over weight? I'm really skinny so I'm not expecting anything more than something underweight.

Well technicall Muscle weighs the same as fat, much like feathers weight the same as stones ... Muscle is more dense than fat being that it takes up about 72% as much volume for the same mass.

this is so anoying. if this was to be one of MS products or Sonys products, they would be getting flamed, so i will be the first one to start by saying

BAN WII-FIT lol jst joking Ninty fanboys dnt get 2 mad

Well I followed the links back to the parents post. She says that her daughter is 4'9" and weighs 92 lbs.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24943589

I'm not too sure if my assumption is correct, but for an active 10 year old girl, that weight sounds very high. Can anybody else confirm this, or am I way off base here.

people who work out alot and have alot of muscles knows that they shouldnt take BMI seriously still BMI works for 90+% of the population.

But that girl is probably overwheight

hell my BMI on the Wii fit is 24.64, above 25 you are considered overwheight and I have no problem with it beacuse I do look a bit too heavy on the recent pictures of me.

7 kg left for my ideal weight... go go go me

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
Maybe she was fat. I say she is until pics are provided. Also the ending should have been better like she commits suicide over it or something.

All joke aside this is a problem that can arise when you take into consideration how many teenage girls are literally obsessed with their weight and leaning toward anorexia nowadays. 

Oh man, these hysterical times we´re living in...

Sometimes I wished I had a time machine to travel back to the 70s (the last decade when no one cared about overweight).

I blame Jane Fonda.

@Videogirl True but video games are the last thing to influence a girl to be anorexic. Of my three bulimic friends none of them claim they wanted to throw up to get a figure like Princess Peach or wanted a stomach like Tifa. If anything should be blamed it should be magazines that these women read, and the media. Not Wii Fit.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Wow, Wii Fit is a menace to society, it must be stopped! GTAIV and Wii Fit are ruining our young people! lol

WiiFit simply does what we used to do before; calls a shovel a shovel, I bet she's a few cupcakes too bloated to pass for healthy (then again; many a fat fuck think they are healthy).