By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit calls young girl overweight, girl is devastated - I blame Wii Fit!

I found this:

http://sickkid.net/charts/english/6g-wtage-e-2-20.htm

According to that graph, she seems OK.

Around the Network

Pics or it didn't happen?

I did some more reading and found this (I haven't found any info in english):

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/IsoBMI

The table shows converted values for BMI 25 (overweight) and BMI 30 (obese) for boys ("pojkar") and girls ("flickor")

So it seems that BMI 19.86 for a ten year old girl is the same as BMI 25 for grown-ups, so at 19.9 it's a close call. (and when she turns 11 or even 10.5 she won't be considered overweight)

But now I remember all those Ricki Lake etc shows with a 100+ lbs 3-year old and his parent saying "he's just big boned"...

*Puts in Wii Fit*
Girl: Time to see my wonderful healthy-ness! I'm sure all those happy meals and turkey dinners made me weigh even less!

WiiFit:
*Calculating*... Conclusion... You are a Fat Ass. Get up, go outside, stop munching on Chips, and stop playing this freaking game...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
__XBrawlX__ said:

*Puts in Wii Fit*
Girl: Time to see my wonderful healthy-ness! I'm sure all those happy meals and turkey dinners made me weigh even less!

WiiFit:
*Calculating*... Conclusion... You are a Fat Ass. Get up, go outside, stop munching on Chips, and stop playing this freaking game...

LOL...

Probably the girl is fat...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network
stranne said:
I did some more reading and found this (I haven't found any info in english):

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/IsoBMI

The table shows converted values for BMI 25 (overweight) and BMI 30 (obese) for boys ("pojkar") and girls ("flickor")

So it seems that BMI 19.86 for a ten year old girl is the same as BMI 25 for grown-ups, so at 19.9 it's a close call. (and when she turns 11 or even 10.5 she won't be considered overweight)

But now I remember all those Ricki Lake etc shows with a 100+ lbs 3-year old and his parent saying "he's just big boned"...

Classic... I have a very heavy bone structure (never broken a major bone, 7 concussions, so not for lack of trying) and my skeleton weighs approximately 5-600 grams more than a normal one... (one pound heavier in other words). I think the basis for this belief is that people with heavy bone structure have more body mass (could be more muscle and fat all depending) and accordingly weigh more. I weigh 125 kilo's, a whooping 37 kilo's more than the average Norwegian man, but my bones only account for half a kilo of that weight despite the fact that their structure allows me to carry/build more mass!

This is probably boring to most but I think its interesting and this whole "heavy bones" misconception is like a wildfire. 

fkusumot said:
Soriku said:

LOL. I blame Wii Fit! XD A comic needs to be made about this.

fkusumot, where are you?!

*applause*

very nice 

She's just insecure about her body. Seriously, she has way bigger issues than what a videogame thinks of her.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Whoever this fkusumot guy is...He's a damn genius.

Foshoryuken said:
Whoever this fkusumot guy is...He's a damn genious.

Truer words shant be spoken.