By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Astro-Bot or Zelda EoW? Clash of the 2024 September Titans

Which will sell more? Which will perform better with critics?

Astro Bot (Sales & Critical Reception) 19 22.35%

Zelda (Sales & Critical Reception) 29 34.12%

Astro Bot (Sales), Zelda (Critical Reception) 3 3.53%

Astro Bot (Critical Reception), Zelda (Sales) 34 40.00%

Total:85

Well, I correctly predicted that Astro Bot would be higher rated. Well made 3D platformers are always acclaimed.

Around the Network

Yeah, Astro won the reception and Zelda should definitely win the sales now.

I'll cop to being wrong in the poll.
I was expecting Zelda to take both sales and reception since I figured the metascores for both games would be high eighties. I thought 89 Zelda and 88 Astrobot was about what we'd see. I was a bit off on Zelda, but really underestimated Astrobot.
Still think Zelda has a good chance to take sales being the more popular IP on the bigger install base, but considering the reception I wouldn't be surprised by a win from Astrobot.

Astro bot for reviews and Zelda for sales.

Edit: Oh damn....its already over? lol

BasilZero said:

Astro bot for reviews and Zelda for sales.

Edit: Oh damn....its already over? lol

I mean, reviews for both games are out, yeah it's over, lol.

Around the Network

I voted Astro Bot for reception and Zelda for sales, but honestly I think Astro Bot will take both now if we're talking lifetime. Zelda will probably be ahead in sales at the end of this year but Astro Bot should have really strong legs due to being pretty much the best recieved PS5 exclusive yet which will only be cemented further after the award season.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Only the UK market but if Zelda only slightly outsells Links Awakening globally (5-6m), I think Astro will win the sales game. Not by years end but end of 2025 for sure. Astro is still top 3 in most markets only being beating out by multiplatform titles & now Zelda.

Just in Japan alone, Zelda EoW will outsell Asstrobot sales Lifetime over there in just 1 week. That's why Sony's mum on it's sales cuz there's nothin to brag about. Facts.

Last edited by Zyphe - 6 days ago

Seeing a lot of disappointment online for EoW. Like I said before Astro bot is taking home all the gold.

LegitHyperbole said:

Seeing a lot of disappointment online for EoW. Like I said before Astro bot is taking home all the gold.

It’ll be an Astro sweep, but where on earth are you finding ppl who are disappointed by EoW? The worst I’ve heard is performance issues.