By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July Circana (NPD) 2024 Thread + Predictions

Is august 21st still the date for the July NPD data ?

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

Around the Network
XtremeBG said:

Is august 21st still the date for the July NPD data ?

As of right now yes that is still the date. Mat's delayed it last minute before, so we shall see. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter, Bluesky, and Threads.

I post and adjust the VGChartz hardware estimates, with help from Machina.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Monthly Hardware Breakdown Monthly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

New tweet from Mat. The dates are the same as before through the end of the year. Looks like they added Plaion to the list of publishers sharing digital sales.

Tomorrow is the last day to get your predictions in for July as the July report will drop on Wednesday.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter, Bluesky, and Threads.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Monthly Hardware Breakdown Monthly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

With August NPD not releasing until October 9 I might wait a bit longer than usual before I post the Japan and Europe estimates for the month.

trunkswd said:

With August NPD not releasing until October 9 I might wait a bit longer than usual before I post the Japan and Europe estimates for the month.

The person who is doing the work for those NPD data, coming out so late, must be like: They've got the data for July ~ on time, I have to compensate the next time and release the data later than normal.

With the delays happening often lately, I wouldn't exclude the option of this October 9th date to be delayed as well when we approach it. Just like the one of the months we waited almost 2 full months for a data from 2 months ago. Was it march data ? waiting till mid may ? or something..

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

Around the Network

PS5 225k
NSW 175k
Xbox 125k

Hardware Revenue 225 million

Bonus predictionz data will be delayed last minute

Edit: This prediction was garbage 

Last edited by Qwark - on 21 August 2024

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

XtremeBG said:
trunkswd said:

The person who is doing the work for those NPD data, coming out so late, must be like: They've got the data for July ~ on time, I have to compensate the next time and release the data later than normal.

With the delays happening often lately, I wouldn't exclude the option of this October 9th date to be delayed as well when we approach it. Just like the one of the months we waited almost 2 full months for a data from 2 months ago. Was it march data ? waiting till mid may ? or something..

It was May data that didn't come out until July 8.

trunkswd said:

It was May data that didn't come out until July 8.

Pretty sure it wasn't this, cuz this wasn't late, this was on time, may data coming a week after the month passed, is normal.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 19 August 2024

NPD is out now. Huge boost for PS5 and XS year-over-year. I've updated the OP with the details.

Huge Xbox sales! I think from July onwards Xbox series will outsell the Switch in North America