By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac's Supposedly Canceled Multiplayer Spider-Man Game Leaked Trailers

Tagged games:

Yeah, I know it sucks that Insomniac got hacked and some outlets are refusing to report on the leaked contents to discourage this type of behavior.

But these are the forums and the information and videos are already out there and I would like to discuss them.

So if you haven't heart, there have been leaked trailers for Marvel's Spider-Man: The Great Web an online co-op game set in the Spider-Man universe.

And it looked awesome. I don't know how sustainable it would be as a Live Service Game, but as a multiplayer mode and experience I imagine great possibilities. If GTA Online can work, why can't this? There was never confirmation of cancellation but I would say it is likely.

I need Sony to get their act together and restart development on this game and TLOU Online right away. Both would be Day 1 experiences for me.

First Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbL86xieQxQ&ab_channel=NoirGaming

Second Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4yBEPdGVoc&ab_channel=Rizenmi

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Surprised it got cancelled going off those shorts clips in the trailers. Like you say, even if they couldn't make it work as a stand-alone title, it's the sort of thing people would enjoy as an extra mode as part of one of the single player releases.

How would the combat work, without time stop?
I like the idea of it being "into the spiderverse" and multiverses, and differnt versions of spiderman...
Trailers looked fine.

Do a helldivers 2, thingy, were to sell it for sub-40$, and have it been this fun miss mash friends/kids can play together.
It could probably do fine.

Daym that first trailer was really something. We all know Spider-Man and James Brown mixes well.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Looks like it could have been really fun

Around the Network

As a social experience maybe,.but I feel they would've needed to expand the scope of this "mode" greatly most likely having to expand assets and map to further beyond than the New York they have from SM2.

Not only that but these live service games are extra costly and I'll presume the licensing from Disney would've massively ampered it's profitability.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Makes me miss the old days when a single player game would have a couple of fun multiplayer modes to mess around with. Like Banjo-Tooie, DK64, Metroid Prime 2, etc. Would have been fine for that. But, nowadays they're not really going to make a mode like that unless it's gonna be the sort of things that people are going to play for months on end and pump money into. Don't think this had that kind of potential.

GAAS Game it seems good that Jimbo is gone

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

This makes me upset, but I suppose they didn't want to invest further money considering recent layoffs.
At this point, it's doubtful we'll even get paid story DLC for Spider-Man 2. It's looking like it'll take until PS6 to get Spider-Man 3, as I don't think we're going to get another Miles Morales-scope game like we got in 2020.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

This makes me upset, but I suppose they didn't want to invest further money considering recent layoffs.
At this point, it's doubtful we'll even get paid story DLC for Spider-Man 2. It's looking like it'll take until PS6 to get Spider-Man 3, as I don't think we're going to get another Miles Morales-scope game like we got in 2020.

I mean we know we are getting a Venom spinoff from the leak. Venom 2025, Wolverine 2026, Spider-Man 3 probably a PS6 cross gen title at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.