By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac's Supposedly Canceled Multiplayer Spider-Man Game Leaked Trailers

Tagged games:

You know what I love more than new gameplay trailers. That is leaked trailers!!!!!

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Looks like it could be mildly fun. But I imagine it would need a lot of content.

Makes more sense to make a co-op model for SM3

The Last of Us online was also abandoned

Looks like Sony really invested a lot in their live services games but they are hitting a roadblock due to lack of experience, profitability risk and lack of stabilished IPs with multi-player potential

This is the first time in many years that Sony makes me concerned as a platform owner. I don't like live services, but I was ok with Sony focusing on them ofnthe thought this would lead to get money to invest in their other games

If not even those live services are going to be released then the strategy has been a failure so far and we get neither live services nor single player games

twintail said:

Looks like it could be mildly fun. But I imagine it would need a lot of content.

Makes more sense to make a co-op model for SM3

Offline and online co-op for SM3's story should probably be 2-3 players. 4 or more could be a mess, at least for a campaign. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

This makes me upset, but I suppose they didn't want to invest further money considering recent layoffs.
At this point, it's doubtful we'll even get paid story DLC for Spider-Man 2. It's looking like it'll take until PS6 to get Spider-Man 3, as I don't think we're going to get another Miles Morales-scope game like we got in 2020.

Just cause they haven't released it doesn't mean it wont eventually be done. My guess is the budget for the game was so massive they decided to put this project down for now and either add it to Spiderman 3 or release it as it's own thing. Spiderman 3 is supposed to have some sort of online component and is coming to PC day 1. So I suspect that this will be in Spiderman 3.

Around the Network

In a small way, I'm happy that was canceled. Not EVERYTHING needs to be multiplayer all the time.