By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation state of play games

I created this topic to talk about the next state of play, which games you are most looking forward to and which surprises will appear at the event.

Around the Network

I still want to see a release date for PRAGMATA.

This game was scheduled for 2022, then 2023, and now we don't even know if it's coming 2024...

-Stellar Blade.
It was announced in 2019, confirmed to be a PS5 exclusive in 2021, and delayed into 2024 at the end of 2023.
I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
-Ghost of Tsushima 2 teased.
I don't think it's coming out this year, but 2025 or 2026 seem likely if the game is in development.
-A New PlayStation IP: Fingers crossed.
-And the most unlikely: a revival of a dead or dormant IP.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Anything from Square Enix, Capcom, Bamco and SEGA in general.

Hoping for anything Final Fantasy related. I'll take more remasters/remakes too.

Just watch previous State of Play's in the past with similar length, the one from February 2023 was about 42 min. long and wasn't particularly good, it was between average and mediocre.

I suggest that most people go with low expectations, you won't be disappointed.

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

-Stellar Blade.
It was announced in 2019, confirmed to be a PS5 exclusive in 2021, and delayed into 2024 at the end of 2023.
I don't think it's coming out this year, but 2025 or 2026 seem likely if the game is in development.

In my restless dreams, I see that state of play...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

I would love a new star trek or star wars game.

BiON!@ 

Wman1996 said:

-Stellar Blade.

I would say Stellar Blade getting cancelled is as unlikely as PS reviving an old IP. I hope Asobi and Bluepoint can show us something.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Death Stranding 2. Bought the first after launch and went into it with zero expectation except for the usual Kojima pretentiousness and found I really enjoyed the gameplay loop. DS2 is a day 1 for me.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

More steam ports please. Ghost on a PC could be something beautiful.