Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Favorite xbox controller

Favorite xbox controller

"duke" original xbox controller 1 5.26%

xbox 360 controller 8 42.11%

xbox one controller 2 10.53%

xbox series controller 7 36.84%

other 1 5.26%

Total:19

As with my playstation question this will be about xbox because I always which controller was the best. In my opinion the best controler has to be the "duke" becauses it is so iconic.  So let the poll begin! 

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Series controller did something I thought would never happen. Make a better Dpad than the SEGA Saturn. XBO controller was fantastic but Series takes that and man that dpad is so fucking good!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I have not used the Duke, or Series X/S controller.
I've only used the original S controller and Xbox One controllers a little bit.
I'm well aware the Xbox One controller has a better D-Pad than the Xbox 360 controller, but the little bit of time I've spent with the One's controller was a less comfortable shape than the 360. If I get more time with an Xbox One controller and some actual time with the Series controller, they will probably get my vote.
As is, the Xbox 360 controller is insanely comfortable, both official and unofficial wired versions or even typical versions with the battery pack.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

This is a gonna be the official 360 Xbox controller appreciation thread !

The feel of it is completely unmatched by its successors which I'd say got better d-pads but fudged it's formed feeling and the shoulder triggers.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Xbox One and Xbox Series controllers are basically the same.

Xbox 360 was the one that stood out as the biggest jump from the original./

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Xbox 360

I'll start by saying I've never held a Duke because I didn't get my OG Xbox until 2004, but it looks awkward and I'm not surprised that Xbox replaced it mid-gen with the OG Xbox S controller. I remember really liking the ergonomics of the OG Xbox S controller, but I haven't held one in over a decade and the black and white buttons are clearly inferior to the left and right bumpers that replaced them on the Xbox 360 controller and have stayed ever since. 360 had pretty good ergonomics but was held back by the exterior battery pack causing finger cramping during longer gaming sessions due to your fingers being smooshed up against it. Xbox One fixed the battery pack issue from the 360 and overall improved the ergonomics, but had issues with stick drift and right and left bumpers that were too hard to push, pretty major issues imo (both fixed on the mid-gen refresh XB1 controller). Lastly we have the Xbox Series controller, which has the best ergonomics of any controller currently in my possession to hold and compare, an improved d-pad, easy to push shoulder buttons, and a share button, easy win for Series imo.

Xbox Series > XB1 refresh > 360 > OG Xbox S > XB1 launch

The 360 controller for sure.

I didnt like the 360 controller and mine didnt last that long.

Liking the Series controller though.

I’m going with the XB1 controller. The Series X controller is stupid loud and barely makes any improvements.

If I could have a 360 controller with a decent d-pad that would be my pick. But the d-pad is too important for me to compromise on.