I think the best is...

Super Mario Bros 1 1.56%

Super Mario Bros 2 0 0%

Super Mario Bros 3 21 32.81%

Super Mario World 29 45.31%

Super Mario Wonder 9 14.06%

Other (Specify in post) 4 6.25%

Total:64

New super mario wii was probably more innovative then most Mario games cause it introduced 4 players at the same time which is a pretty big deal at the time and people love it.

Around the Network

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Bros 3
3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
4. New Super Mario Bros Wii
5. New Super Mario Bros DS

Super Mario Wonder is too recent for me to slot it in anywhere yet, but it is looking like it will be top 3 for sure.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

SMB3 by far. I like SMBwii more than World. World is too easy, the music isn’t great, World 7 isn’t intimidating or challenging at all if compared to world 8 in SMB3.

SMB3 is in a league of its own. The power ups, the music, the challenge. The mystical feel of SMB3 is just miles ahead of any other game in the series.

If this makes sense...
Super Mario World is better made, namely for the time.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder is more fun.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mario 3 for the win, because it brings a challenge that has been lost in mainline games for the past 30 years. In second I usually go with either Yoshi or World: both are fantastic games, but Yoshi is just perfection in a videogame, even wit the cry.

Around the Network

P.S. Curl, my man, I love how you simply ditched the "new" series. That VERY irritating song kills every chance of me playing that series for real. Even when it plays at a random stage on Smash online I usually lose the match out of sheer annoyance XD.

farlaff said:

P.S. Curl, my man, I love how you simply ditched the "new" series. That VERY irritating song kills every chance of me playing that series for real. Even when it plays at a random stage on Smash online I usually lose the match out of sheer annoyance XD.

Cheers man. :)

With only 10 poll options to work with I had to be selective, so I grouped the ones that usually get less votes under "other", and since all those other games combined have just three votes so far, seems like it was the right move.

I kinda liked NSMBWii at the time as the first 2D Mario I'd played since World and the local multiplayer was chaotic fun, but yeah that subseries quickly wore out its welcome with its meh presentation.

I just beat Super Mario World in my Marioathon. It’s my favorite of the series. This time I beat the special courses early so the game was in “Fall” mode

Mario Wonder ended in 15th place for the best selling games of the year in the US. Not counting digital of course, but still kind of low. Mario Wonder is not that good. That is the reality many Nintendo fans don’t want to accept.

Valdney said:

Mario Wonder ended in 15th place for the best selling games of the year in the US. Not counting digital of course, but still kind of low. Mario Wonder is not that good. That is the reality many Nintendo fans don’t want to accept.

Circana tracks revenue, not unit sales. Many games on that list cost more than Mario which inflates their relative ranking. And it counts digital for almost all the competition but not for Mario.

2D Mario is a game that sells over time, not one that blows up at launch.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 January 2024