Super Mario Bros 1 1.56%

Super Mario Bros 2 0 0%

Super Mario Bros 3 21 32.81%

Super Mario World 29 45.31%

Super Mario Wonder 9 14.06%

Other (Specify in post) 4 6.25%

Total:64
Valdney said:

Mario Wonder ended in 15th place for the best selling games of the year in the US. Not counting digital of course, but still kind of low. Mario Wonder is not that good. That is the reality many Nintendo fans don’t want to accept.

Oh no Valdney doesn't like Mario Wonder, shut it down Nintendo it's been a good run.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Valdney said:

Mario Wonder ended in 15th place for the best selling games of the year in the US. Not counting digital of course, but still kind of low. Mario Wonder is not that good. That is the reality many Nintendo fans don’t want to accept.

Circana tracks revenue, not unit sales. Many games on that list cost more than Mario which inflates their relative ranking. And it counts digital for almost all the competition but not for Mario.

2D Mario is a game that sells over time, not one that blows up at launch.

Weren't you saying before Mario Wonder came out  that  it would out sell New super maro bros  after the holidays lol. Not that sales = quality btw.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Circana tracks revenue, not unit sales. Many games on that list cost more than Mario which inflates their relative ranking. And it counts digital for almost all the competition but not for Mario.

2D Mario is a game that sells over time, not one that blows up at launch.

Weren't you saying before Mario Wonder came out  that  it would out sell New super maro bros  after the holidays lol. Not that sales = quality btw.

Didn't you say that it would sell on par with New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe?

That it was not a big deal?

That people had Mario fatigue?

That it would sell less than 20 million lifetime?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 January 2024

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

That it was no big deal?

Nope. i said it would be 20 million to 22 million max, mainly cause yes there are too many mario games on switch and expecting switch sales to slow down but the switch is surprisingly still going strong after 7 years and with almost everyone expecting switch 2. I still expect mainly 20-22 million on switch only. when i said it would not that biig deal i was talking about the 35-50 million many predicting it ain't gonna happen not even 30 million.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

That it was no big deal?

Nope. i said it would be 20 million to 22 million max, mainly cause yes there are too many mario games on switch and expecting switch sales to slow down but the switch is surprisingly still going strong after 7 years and with almost everyone expecting switch 2. I still expect mainly 20-22 million on switch only.

I was referring the original estimate of 20 million, though I did see the 20-22m forecast which came later.

Honestly, it had been 11 years since the last time a new 2D Mario came out so I'd just plain forgotten what their sales pattern look like. Wonder will outsell NSMBUD, it'll just take a little more than 2 months and 11 days.

There are a lot of Mario games on Switch, but I don't see any sign that people are fatigued; some things are just so popular that people never seem to tire of them.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Nope. i said it would be 20 million to 22 million max, mainly cause yes there are too many mario games on switch and expecting switch sales to slow down but the switch is surprisingly still going strong after 7 years and with almost everyone expecting switch 2. I still expect mainly 20-22 million on switch only.

I was referring the original estimate of 20 million, though I did see the 20-22m forecast which came later.

Honestly, it had been 11 years since the last time a new 2D Mario came out so I'd just plain forgotten what their sales pattern look like. Wonder will outsell NSMBUD, it'll just take a little more than 2 months and 11 days.

There are a lot of Mario games on Switch, but I don't see any sign that people are fatigued; some things are just so popular that people never seem to tire of them.

we will have see how long the legs are cause tears of the kingdom legs feel hard after 3 months, and BOTW had insane legs.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

we will have see how long the legs are cause tears of the kingdom legs feel hard after 3 months, and BOTW had insane legs.

TOTK is a tricky one cos the physical version was apparently a bit overshipped in its first quarter, leading to a comparatively small shipment for its second quarter. 

Regardless, I don't think we can draw too much parallels between Tears and Wonder as they are very different games.

Super Mario Bros. 3 have done everything for the 2D platformer gaming in 1988!! For me SMB. 3 is the best by far!

I think Mario Wonder is great and you all are still living in the past + the nostalgia

Valdney said: Mario Wonder is not that good. That is the reality many Nintendo fans don’t want to accept.

Lol, that is actually your reality, you’re the only one who has to accept your reality. The game is selling just fine, completely on par for a 2D Mario game. You clearly omitted it was the #2 selling game on the NPD charts for Dec on physical sales alone, displaying great legs thus far.