The Witcher 3 6 7.50%

Doom (2016) 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 39 48.75%

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 1 1.25%

Resident Evil 2 (Remake) 1 1.25%

Total:80

Witcher 3

Around the Network

people here really like BotW/TotK…in fact, I agree with them: BotW is what I believe to be by far the Got10s. TLOU, Skyrim, and Dark Souls certainly are incredible experiences, but nothing compares to that first play through of BotW back in 2017.

Out of the ten on the list? I guess by default it'd have to be Doom. The rest I either haven't played or didn't like enough to be a genuine Game of the Decade contender.

But my actual Game of the Decade would probably be Super Mario Odyssey.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

curl-6 said:

The freedom, interactivity, and richness of its world was such a breath (heh) of fresh air. Just existing in BOTW's Hyrule was a constant adventure, with all its moving parts coming together to endlessly surprise and delight.

All true, especially for folks who never played such games before (and most haven't, since they are on home computers/PCs and relics from some other era). Hopefully Nintendo realizes eventually where its gameplay loop suffers the most, and goes back to original LoZ formula, since that formula pretty much fixes most of BotW problems.

Skyrim would be my personal pick of game of the decade. But since that's not an option I'll go with Dark Souls.

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles.

Portal 2 and The Witcher 3 are just about tied as the greatest of the decade and since tragically only the latter is an option I'm voting for that.

Many other amazing titles so here's my top 10 for the decade:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  2. Portal 2
  3. StarCraft II
  4. Persona 5
  5. Doki Doki Literature Club
  6. The Stanley Parable
  7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  8. Breath of the Wild
  9. God of War (2018)
  10. Skyrim

Edit: By the by are you still gonna do threads for 2020-2023? I'm fairly sure which games would win but they would still be nice to have. Could even do a "Game of the Decade So Far" including the runner ups for each year in the poll.

Last edited by UnderwaterFunktown - on 26 December 2023

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Close second goes to Mario Galaxy 2 for me.
While it doesn't quite match the achingly beautiful and melancholy deep space vibes of the first game, everything else about it is solid gold, from its clever and creative gameplay design to its sublime music.

From that list, Tropical Freeze. No joke, it is THAT good.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Portal 2 and The Witcher 3 are just about tied as the greatest of the decade and since tragically only the latter is an option I'm voting for that.

Many other amazing titles so here's my top 10 for the decade:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  2. Portal 2
  3. StarCraft II
  4. Persona 5
  5. Doki Doki Literature Club
  6. The Stanley Parable
  7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  8. Breath of the Wild
  9. God of War (2018)
  10. Skyrim

Edit: By the by are you still gonna do threads for 2020-2023? I'm fairly sure which games would win but they would still be nice to have. Could even do a "Game of the Decade So Far" including the runner ups for each year in the poll.

I like this list. It's pretty original.