The Last of Us 14 17.50%

DKC: Tropical Freeze 6 7.50%

The Witcher 3 6 7.50%

Doom (2016) 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 39 48.75%

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 1 1.25%

Resident Evil 2 (Remake) 1 1.25%

Total:80

The Witcher 3. Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece, but it has a below average story and takes it's openness too far. The Witcher 3 is perfect.

Around the Network

Looking at the comments you would think BOTW would be followed more closely by Dark Souls or TW3 at the moment. But still far, TLOU is the closest competitor atm.

Anywoo, BOTW revolutionized the way I saw and engaged with open world games ... Then TOTK came and I'm less sure if my choice but if you take my feelings back during the end of that decade, yeah it is 100% BOTW.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

After sleeping on it and despite BotW ranking higher on my top 50 list, I'm voting for The Last of Us. Simply because it's the only game from the list I want to replay again. Once the upgrade to part 2 drops I'll be playing through both again.

BotW is simply too long to replay, Journey unlikely to still find many people online, same for Dark Souls (and if they're there, they are all op) Voting on the desire to play the game again. Next to it being amazing of course, so well paced, which is the main criteria for wanting to replay a game.

I played donkey Kong tf the most. Wish I played more Witcher and dark souls.

Voted for Super Mario Galaxy 2. It’s easy to consistently have fun all the way through that game.

Around the Network

Skyrim. But The Witcher 3 is close second. So voted for it.

Although not having recieved a lot of votes, I'm glad to see love for Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the comments. I voted for it, such a good game, although I prefer the atmosfere of the first Galaxy. Also, what about Super Mario Odyssey? Isn't it worth being among the best of the best of the 2010s?

CourageTCD said:

Although not having recieved a lot of votes, I'm glad to see love for Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the comments. I voted for it, such a good game, although I prefer the atmosfere of the first Galaxy. Also, what about Super Mario Odyssey? Isn't it worth being among the best of the best of the 2010s?

It lost against BotW in its year, would lose again in this poll like all others lol.

The freedom, interactivity, and richness of its world was such a breath (heh) of fresh air. Just existing in BOTW's Hyrule was a constant adventure, with all its moving parts coming together to endlessly surprise and delight.

dark souls is my favorite on this list, and it is very likely that it is the most influential, it is not every day that a subgenre is created and so replicated in other games