The Last of Us 14 17.50%

DKC: Tropical Freeze 6 7.50%

The Witcher 3 6 7.50%

Doom (2016) 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 39 48.75%

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 1 1.25%

Resident Evil 2 (Remake) 1 1.25%

Total:80

The Game of the Decade for the 2010's is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
The runner up is The Last of Us.
The master thread for all of these contests can be found here.

The 2010's are the final full decade.  You've already chosen a Game of the Year, for each year in the 2010's.  Now choose the game that you believe is most deserving of the title, "Game of the Decade" from among the ten winners.  Also, please state why you think that game deserves the title of "Game of the Decade".  Here are the candidates:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010, Wii)
Dark Souls (2011, PS3/XBox 360)
Journey (2012, PS3)
The Last of Us (2013, PS3)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014, Wii U)
The Witcher 3 (2015, PS4/XB1/PC)
Doom (2016, PS4/XB1/PC)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017, Switch/Wii U)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate (2018, Switch)
Resident Evil 2 (Remake) (2019, PS4/XB1/PC)

Official voting for the 2010's Game of the Decade will end Wednesday, December 27 at 11:59 PM, EST.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 28 December 2023

Around the Network

Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild for me. Too difficult to decide at the moment. These are the two single player games I’ve played the most this generation.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 would be bronze, as I enjoyed that one quite a lot too… in fact, for level design and level fun, more than the first SMG.

The Last of Us is the game I haven’t played that I’m most interested in playing. It looks extremely good.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Breath of the Wild for the win, Super Mario Galaxy 2 runner up. Easy peasy.

That is a difficult one, but I have to go with BOTW. Just such an incredible experience.

Breath of the Wild is most likely going to win, but for me it's not even close to the best game of the decade. Fortunately, this time my actual game of the decade made it this far in the voting, that being Dark Souls.

Around the Network

I voted for TW3, but it's basically in a tie with Doom. I can also make a case for BOTW.

I've played all of the others, except for Journey, and I really can't wrap my head around why any of them would belong in the conversation. They're all good games, but games of the decade?  No way! 

Last edited by VAMatt - on 24 December 2023

Of these, I only voted for The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

I mentioned in the 2018 thread, that while I liked it and it is a good game, I did really only vote for Smash in that year because there wasn't anything better. Breath of the Wild though, is a modern classic. Genuinely the best game of that year, and also if you asked me better than the other year winners I voted for. My vote for best of the decade is without a doubt The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Thanks The_Liquid_Laser for this series of threads!

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 24 December 2023

I don't think I'm qualified to vote. Of the three games I've played, two are massively overrated (in my opinion), The third one (Journey) is great, but the game of the decade? No, just no. I would probably vote for The Witcher III or Breath of the Wild, but I haven't played either of them (yet!), so that wouldn't be the greatest thing to do. I'll reserve judgement until I've played more of the candidates.

Considering more traditional games, and discarding things like PUBG that popularized BR games...

I would say Dark Souls. The game that, coming from demon's Souls, created an entirely new genre and influenced several games, including big names like The witcher 3 and God of War. Dark Souls is the game of the decade, it will be remembered as the beginning of a genre that is becoming increasingly popular, possibly an immortal classic with tons of replay value.

Definitely won't win but Tropical Freeze is genuinely one of the most creative and fun platformers I've had the pleasure of playing...ever. Really a shame it didn't get that much of a spotlight.