By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are you going to buy the new Xbox?

Are you going to still stick with Xbox if they go all digital and abaondon backwards compatiabliity. 

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

If Xbox does go all-digital, then the Series X will be the last system I ever buy from them. If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, but if the industry stops supporting physical media, then I'm done supporting them. I'll have several decades worth of physical games that I'll be able to continue enjoying for the rest of my days. I'm not surrendering ownership of what I spend money on just to keep having new experiences.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

I'm not even using the Series X I currently have :/

I won't buy an all digital console anyway as I bought the Series X to catch up on XOne physical games. Now just have to find the time to actually do so :/

Nope. Never touch that brand again. Phil killed it for me. I also value physical games. While I still can I am collecting those. I'm not buying an all-digital console and Xbox has little of anything interesting to play anyway. They have the weakest first-party studios (having a lot doesn't mean the best quality) and the weakest third-party support.

Last edited by Leynos - on 14 December 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yes because Xbox offers one of the most well rounded console experiences out there. Xbox consoles offer features both PS5 and Nintendo are still lacking. They own some of the best studios and IPs now. Game Pass has given me more great games to play than I can keep up with. I'm not going to stop buy an Xbox when they will be at their peak from a games point if view and all their studios are cooking. I don't think they will go all digital next gen. As long as they continue making hardware, they will likely have a disc version available.

Around the Network

No, I'm a PC gamer, and Microsoft always releases their games on PC.

About digital only... Well, I purchase my games on Steam, so I don't use physical copies anymore. But I understand people who values them. So I hope they don't do it.

Well, I've abandoned Xbox hardware this gen thanks to them releasing all their games day in date on PC. So it's rather redundant for me to buy an Xbox anymore at this point. If they were still doing the whole only on Xbox thing then yeah I would still buy their hardware.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

No, I'm a PC gamer, and Microsoft always releases their games on PC.

About digital only... Well, I purchase my games on Steam, so I don't use physical copies anymore. But I understand people who values them. So I hope they don't do it.

This

The only time I put a disc in my Series X is when I rented RDR2. I had a Series S before that and I have a Digital PS5. So digital only doesn't bother me personally. However if MS do completely abandon physical by releasing a digital only Series X and discontinuing the current Series X that would be a very bad move on their part.

This is the first gen I haven't bought xbox and I have no plans to get one. My PC runs anything the Xbox does and has free online. Thus the Xbox is an unnecessary piece of hardware. Same might be true with the ps5 if Sony keeps going full blown steam support.