By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are you going to buy the new Xbox?

No need, I have a PC.

Around the Network
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

No need, I have a PC.

PC used to be expensive from my perspective but honestly it isn't too bad.  A xbox and ps5 is $1000 straight up.  Add in paying for online for the generation which is another $500 for a total of $1500.  Steam is cheaper for games. ...  PC is a good value proposition.

Chrkeller said:

No need, I have a PC.

PC used to be expensive from my perspective but honestly it isn't too bad.  A xbox and ps5 is $1000 straight up.  Add in paying for online for the generation which is another $500 for a total of $1500.  Steam is cheaper for games. ...  PC is a good value proposition.

Also worth considering that you probably will end up buying a laptop/PC for personal use anyway which would be at least £500 for something with a decent spec. Rather spend a bit more and get something a lot more powerful that also saves you from buying a console.

Chrkeller said:

Also worth considering that you probably will end up buying a laptop/PC for personal use anyway which would be at least £500 for something with a decent spec. Rather spend a bit more and get something a lot more powerful that also saves you from buying a console.

Damn good point.

I bought the Series X (for $350) last week.

And I'm already full digital - dont have a single physical xbox title

Anyways, I hope the next Xbox has b/c.

But like always - First Nintendo, then Playstation, then PC and then Xbox for me.

Edit: So yes, I will be getting the next Xbox alongside the next Nintendo system, next playstation and my next PC.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 16 December 2023

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Well, I've abandoned Xbox hardware this gen thanks to them releasing all their games day in date on PC. So it's rather redundant for me to buy an Xbox anymore at this point. If they were still doing the whole only on Xbox thing then yeah I would still buy their hardware.

So you are a PC gamer now?

BasilZero said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Well, I've abandoned Xbox hardware this gen thanks to them releasing all their games day in date on PC. So it's rather redundant for me to buy an Xbox anymore at this point. If they were still doing the whole only on Xbox thing then yeah I would still buy their hardware.

So you are a PC gamer now?

I play on everything, Switch, PS, PC (Xbox). Don't see much point in tying myself down to one system when there are games everywhere I want to play.

I may just use my TV to stream their games next gen.

Game Pass has enough games to keep my busy. I don't need to play every game out there. I don't even have the time to play what's on Game Pass.

NobleTeam360 said:

I play on everything, Switch, PS, PC (Xbox). Don't see much point in tying myself down to one system when there are games everywhere I want to play.

Damn right you are!

PC is the only platform I have gone digital only, using Steam. Console I refuse to do digital as much as possible. Backwards compatible is the only reason I even cared to get XBOX since the X360, though I don't have an XBOXX if I ever get it.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.