By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Portal (Remote Play device) announced for $199, coming November 15th

Leynos said:

You can just use your phone to do the same thing

Phones don't have DualSense features. But admittedly a good grip would probably be cheaper than $199.99 for a phone. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
Leynos said:

You can just use your phone to do the same thing

Phones don't have DualSense features. But admittedly a good grip would probably be cheaper than $199.99 for a phone. 

Stuff that just drains the battery so fast to the point of being usless.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Can I play on this while my wife games on her account off the same ps5?

KratosLives said:

No. 

The use case for this is:

- playing on your PS5 while someone else uses the TV with a different device. 

- playing on your PS5 while you're out of the house but still connected to wifi. 

KratosLives said:

No. It's like a Wii U gamepad.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Pass. Makes it almost as useless as the Steam Deck for me.

No streaming of PS+ games and its recommended for playing at home when "Someone else needs to use the TV" is so dumb.

KratosLives said:

The Playstation 5 isn't powerful enough to run two instances of a high-end AAA game.

There might be the potential for some Multi-player, but this is strictly a streaming device that is a substitute for the TV at this stage.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pass. I get the intent but no.

Pemalite said:
KratosLives said:

The Playstation 5 isn't powerful enough to run two instances of a high-end AAA game.

There might be the potential for some Multi-player, but this is strictly a streaming device that is a substitute for the TV at this stage.

Yeah I realised not long after posting , the processing power that would be needed. 

i don't see how there is a big enough market for this thing. Why bother. 

BasilZero said:

Pass. Makes it almost as useless as the Steam Deck for me.

Why would a Steam Deck be less useful to you?

Literally thousands of your Steam games are compatible and could be played anywhere, without dependency on another device or internet connection.

If that ain't enough, you could also play lots of other PC games (DRM free or via other launchers) on it, without dependency on another device or internet connection.

If that ain't enough, you could also emulate thousands of other games on it, without dependency on another device or internet connection.

If that ain't enough, you could also stream games over different game streaming apps/services as long as you have a decent internet connection (doesn't have to be your own Wifi area).

Last edited by Conina - on 24 August 2023