By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Portal (Remote Play device) announced for $199, coming November 15th

zero129 said:
zorg1000 said:

Cool, I thought it had to be within range of the PS5 like Wii U Gamepad. Nice to know that’s not the case.

That whole keeping it in range of the PS5 was what i thought. Honestly now i could see this selling more than i originaly thought as Ps5 users could use it to play their PS5 games when they are away from home as long as their internet is good enough.

You could always do this with remote play so it would have been silly not to give the option to the PSP.  The the thing is, if its anything like I experience, that probably is not going to be the top of my list of options.  I am waiting comprehesive reviews to see how well this plays outside of the home because I really do not need it in my home.

Around the Network

Sony: PlayStation Portal 'Demand Has Continued to Exceed Our Expectations'
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/460148/sony-playstation-portal-demand-has-continued-to-exceed-our-expectations/

I am currently addicted to the outer worlds, but due to kids not able to play on main tv…. Interested in this now but sold out in the UK!

Wonder how much the Portal would be if it could play PS5 games that were downloaded?

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Wonder how much the Portal would be if it could play PS5 games that were downloaded?

I probably would have seriously considered it but then again, I have my gaming TV to myself so I really do not need a home portable.

Machiavellian said:
hellobion2 said:

I probably would have seriously considered it but then again, I have my gaming TV to myself so I really do not need a home portable.

That's part of the problem with all portable devices for me. I have no time to play them when I'm not home and when I am home I have my own gaming TV. I used to have some time but I moved to a company with a gym in the office so I cut out working out at home and just do it at lunch.

Around the Network
method114 said:
Machiavellian said:

That's part of the problem with all portable devices for me. I have no time to play them when I'm not home and when I am home I have my own gaming TV. I used to have some time but I moved to a company with a gym in the office so I cut out working out at home and just do it at lunch.

For myself, I use to travel a lot to teach an API class for a product the company I use to work for supported.  Now that I do not travel at all anymore, I there really isn't use for a portable for me.

The device is clearly aiming for people who either have to share the tv or parents, who might want to get an extra hour (or an hour at all) of gaming time.

For me I bought it a month ago and I am enjoying it quite a lot. On my steam deck I had quality issues, also the color turned green quite often when playing remotely. The portal for me is a perfect fit to do all the side content of ff7 rebirth for example. The story parts I mainly do on my own TV