By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Portal (Remote Play device) announced for $199, coming November 15th

Jeez 200 USD for a controller with a tablet, with no Bluetooth and no touchscreen

Who thought this was a good idea ? Easily the worst thing Sony ever released

Around the Network

This should've launched at $149.99-$169.99 with a touchscreen and the ability to connect to the PS5 without Wi-Fi.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Signalstar said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I noticed the line about "supported games" so unless this thing really takes off, it's going to be a hard sell for studios outside of PS Studios to actually support the device. 

I think Supported Games is just a catch-all term meaning everything that is not PSVR2 or PS+ Streamed game or games requiring a special peripheral. I can't imagine devs would have to put in much extra work for a regular PS5 or PS4 game to stream to this device.

the-pi-guy said:

gtotheunit91 said:

I noticed the line about "supported games" so unless this thing really takes off, it's going to be a hard sell for studios outside of PS Studios to actually support the device. 

They're just talking about non PSVR2 games (and PS+ cloud streaming games).  

Pretty much every game already supports remote playing to a phone/pc/mac, I'm not sure why they would need to do any additional support. 

Yeah I probably misinterpreted that lol. I imagine some optimizations need to be done since it's a new device, but I'm probably wrong on that. 

Still seems to be a hard sell. 

Sony releases the Sony stupid tablet thing piece of shit that doesn't do the goddamn fucking thing it's supposed to. Sony is expected to release an updated 8G version next year. Just when you figured out the remote play on this piece of fucking shit. ...it never ends this shit.

(how many people will think I'm mad and how many people get the reference) Let's see :P

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Image on main thread is broken.

Well, I'm not actually into handheld gaming, (although I have a 2DS), so it isn't for me. Also, I don't know if I would like to have a portable device that only works on my house.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:

I think the price is fine for those that want it. It's not something I'm interested in unless it fails miserably and starts getting discontinued in stores for $50 or less.

Yeah I would consider it for the price of a regular controller but even then I wouldn't be thrilled =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Signalstar said:

It's a fail at that price and that feature set IMO.

Not only can it not stream PS+ games independently, it can't stream them even if connected to the PS5 via Wi-Fi. Severely limits its utility and appeal.

If it can be used as an extra controller even when using the TV then it might just be cool to have around just in case.

But the screen would be useless, right? I would rather use a normal controller 

We reap what we sow

You can just use your phone to do the same thing

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

No Bluetooth on this device so you have to use specific playstation link compatible headphones has to be one of the most anti-consumer choices I have seen in a LONG time.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

DOA just like the PS VR2