By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NINTENDO should add a home console version for switch 2

Kristof81 said:

Why? To re-enter highly competitive and historically lukewarm (for them) market, when they are absolutely dominating where they currently are?

The main system will be hybrid and the pro version could be a home console.  ps4 pro sold 20% of ps4 and the is norm now with phones and consoles having plenty of options. its only gonna boost sales.

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:

Why? To re-enter highly competitive and historically lukewarm (for them) market, when they are absolutely dominating where they currently are?

I think he's just suggesting a PSVita TV version of the console in addition to the standard Switch model that is a hybrid. Eh, I don't see the harm if Nintendo introduced a handheld-only model with Switch Lite.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Kristof81 said:

I think he's just suggesting a PSVita TV version of the console in addition to the standard Switch model that is a hybrid. Eh, I don't see the harm if Nintendo introduced a handheld-only model with Switch Lite.

Yup Nintendo has nothing to lose. They will still dominate the handheld market and get more sales from those that want a traditional  console with a descent controller and SSD.

Leynos said:
Kristof81 said:

Ah, that makes more sense.

But considering how the PSVita TV flopped just like the Vita, and the latter being a pure handheld, not sure if there's a real market for such a console.

I mean, the price would be pretty close to a hybrid as the only thing you can really save is the screen and maybe the joycons (but then you'll need to provide a controller, so not much saving in that). If for a couple bucks more I could get a hybrid version, I'd take that one for sure. The Switch lite had to be cut down in functionality to get to the $200 price and even then it is just barely profitable for Nintendo.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Leynos said:

But considering how the PSVita TV flopped just like the Vita, and the latter being a pure handheld, not sure if there's a real market for such a console.

I mean, the price would be pretty close to a hybrid as the only thing you can really save is the screen and maybe the joycons (but then you'll need to provide a controller, so not much saving in that). If for a couple bucks more I could get a hybrid version, I'd take that one for sure. The Switch lite had to be cut down in functionality to get to the $200 price and even then it is just barely profitable for Nintendo.

I mean its kinda crazy how switch doesn't have a pro version. Even if it was only the a home console version it would have the easy money for nintendo. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:

It wouldn't work . Nintendo is more dominant with their handheld which is why switch is successful.

I feel most people game on their tv. If you look at the ads,  it was all about brining people together at home. Friends and family.

KratosLives said:
dane007 said:

It wouldn't work . Nintendo is more dominant with their handheld which is why switch is successful.

I feel most people game on their tv. If you look at the ads,  it was all about brining people together at home. Friends and family.

Didn't Nintendo release a statistic about Switch usage a couple years ago? Someone has a link to it to see how the Switch is used?

KratosLives said:
dane007 said:

It's really just a pro version for the house, like a switch lite but instead one focusing only mobile, one can be used for home use only. just imagine if they released a ps4 spec home version 2 years ago. I can guarantee  you it would been a  huge hit.  

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Leynos said:

Well, Vita was a flop to begin with and Vita TV was not very well thought out as it doesn't work with all games plus came out when Vita's fate was sealed. A Switch docked only would be 100% BC and of a successful product. For Switch 2 I'd wait 2 years in before releasing a TV-only version much like the Lite or any system revision.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

There's honestly no strong argument against this other than the fact they don't need to do it, and will probably not bother as a result