By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NINTENDO should add a home console version for switch 2

IcaroRibeiro said:
Pemalite said:

We wont get a dual-screen handheld again.
We won't get a WiiU-like asynchronous display again.
We won't get a 3D capable display again.

These are all approaches that have been done, it's not worth doing any of them, because you need to give up something else to achieve it.

Dual-screens add bulk, require extra development, consumes more battery. - Better off just adding a larger and higher quality display.

WiiU-Asynchronous display gaming requires oodles of bandwidth and needs to be tied to a localized area... Hence why the WiiU's hybrid portable display was extremely range limited.

3D displays reduces pixel counts, performance and introduces other issues like headaches.

They were great for the time, but its time to move on to bigger and better things.

This

All those gimmicks are so tiring

Just give us a good console with good controllers. Playstation haven't changed anything on their design since PS1 and are selling millions. Focus on releasing good games is all that matters. 

Switch is the first time I see a Nintendo console with a design that is actually appealing and don't sound gimmicky. All their other consoles irked me thinking "do we really need any of this? Why can't I just have a normal console and controllers?" 

They found their perfect design already. They just need to release Switch 2, 3, 4 and 5 now like Sony and they will be fine  

Nintendo would have never had the Switch if they weren’t innovative or inventive or “gimmicky” as you put it - or is it only gimmicky if you don’t like it? Touch screens, motion controls, and hybridization is what reversed their fortunes and made them relevant after periods of decline. At all previous points in their history, had they not innovated or invented, they’d have failed out of the industry. Innovation and invention is what makes Nintendo, IMO, the very best company in the history of the industry.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

This

All those gimmicks are so tiring

Just give us a good console with good controllers. Playstation haven't changed anything on their design since PS1 and are selling millions. Focus on releasing good games is all that matters. 

Switch is the first time I see a Nintendo console with a design that is actually appealing and don't sound gimmicky. All their other consoles irked me thinking "do we really need any of this? Why can't I just have a normal console and controllers?" 

They found their perfect design already. They just need to release Switch 2, 3, 4 and 5 now like Sony and they will be fine  

Nintendo would have never had the Switch if they weren’t innovative or inventive or “gimmicky” as you put it - or is it only gimmicky if you don’t like it? Touch screens, motion controls, and hybridization is what reversed their fortunes and made them relevant after periods of decline. At all previous points in their history, had they not innovated or invented, they’d have failed out of the industry. Innovation and invention is what makes Nintendo, IMO, the very best company in the history of the industry.

It's gimmick when the thing is short lived and circle around a fad that fails to have a lasting impact. For instance, Kimect was clearly a gimmick, nobody cared for it after a few years, but at least Xbox made it an optional peripheral. 

I hate motion controls and always found dual screen unnecessarily distracting. Touch screen had potential, but I never felt they were good at all in consoles because the control schema was shared with traditional buttons and touch screen is not ergonomic, making it an irritating gimmick

I don't need any of this. Hybridization is not a gimmick, it's a console design that really changes the way you interact with gaming, the same way as portable devices have done in the past

What you like about Nintendo is exactly what I hate about it. Nintendo do not have a system design and control schema that is long lasting and instead resort of making games developed around hardware with specific features more that often than note are just fads

They have an opportunity to stick with Switch design now, they found their Playstation. They should stop those weird system designs and controls schemas and release Switch 2 as it should: A more powerful Switch with better joycons because the current ones are ass 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 26 June 2023

I don't think they will make a console specific device but I would like to see an option of the Joy-cons removed and the console purchase offered with a pro controller instead for those of us who don't care for the handheld side of things but I guess everyone who uses it as a console only just bought a Switch and a pro controller anyway and that's more $$ to Nintendo so.... that's probably not going to happen.