By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct thread- Live now!

Rate the Xbox showcase + Starfield direct?

10 6 14.63%

9 9 21.95%

8 16 39.02%

7 3 7.32%

6 5 12.20%

5 1 2.44%

4 1 2.44%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:41

Thoroughly enjoyed the showcase way more than the PlayStation one.
Was about an 8/10 for me in terms of entertainment while keeping expectations realistic. (I always expect to not be interested in more than half the trailers.) Would have been a 9 if I didn't already know about the two Persona games.

The other new Atlus RPG looks really cool.
New Yakuza game we didn't know about taking place in USA it seems.
New Capcom game seems interesting.
Cyberpunk expansion.
Starfield look a lot more interesting to me now than before, but not to the point where I wanna sit through watching 45 minutes of it.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 June 2023

Around the Network

I thought the Hexen T-shirt was going to be a tease for a new game in the series.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

I thought the Hexen T-shirt was going to be a tease for a new game in the series.

The shirt was a teaser, wait for the ABK deal to finalize lol

Honestly the best Xbox showcase ever, probably. Starfield actually looks insane, and way better than last year's. A ton of interesting new first-party announcements, and a few big third-party reveals too. 8/10

All the announcements from the showcase are written up and ready for you all to read.
Main article with links to all of the articles here: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/457499/here-is-what-went-down-at-the-xbox-games-showcase-amp-starfield-direct-announcements-trailers-more/

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
ice said:
DroidKnight said:

The shirt was a teaser, wait for the ABK deal to finalize lol

Oh yeah, right, I forgot Activision is now owner of Ravensoft. Now that makes this T-Shirt exciting!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

+ Starts with Richard Ayoade and the main character getting called a wanker in the first 35 seconds… yeah Fables in good hands. PGG have the task of not just creating a specifically British RPG but one that was well and truly buried by Lionhead long before the end. A big task but PGGs attention to detail and the fact they got Richard in there who’s a perfect example of Fable/British humour really puts any doubt I had to bed. 

- Compulsion had the perfect stage to show off gameplay and after the bait & switch of their last game they really needed to. I don’t want another game that I love the art style and atmosphere of only for it to be in another genre I never touch like WHF. 

- Every. Single. Game. That Ubisoft show some how all look the exact same, they have the ability to suck any life out of a showcase they’re present in. My most hated developer of all its a real shame they were present. 

+ Avowed. So graphically what do we got to compare it to.. the CGI trailer? It looked fine honestly, Obsidian very rarely release AAA games and graphically impressive games at that. They nail gameplay tho and this looks great. Wanted to see more. I got that. I’m happy. 

+ Hellblade II. I was never a fan of the combat in the first so I’m not annoyed or happy they didn’t show any but they really nailed that creepiness that the first game had. Really can’t wait to get my hands on this and god it looked pretty. 

+ Metaphor: ReFantazio. Obnoxious names aside, every so often there comes a JRPG that peaks my interest (the last one was TMS:FE) and honestly I’m just not a JRPG fan but this looked really good. To make me excited even just a little for a JRPG in impressive. 

+ Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. If you’ve spent 5 seconds reading my trash posting on this site you’d know I LOVE CP77, like god damn. I actually had the reveal of this being at MS showcase leaked for me but regardless, easiest pre order of a DLC ever. 

+ Starfield. How big is too big? Todd: “Yes” .. it’s a Todd Howard core SP RPG. BGS bring it like nobody else can. Enough said. Give me that £100 edition with 5 days early access. 

Overall a 9/10 - There where some things that I wasn’t interested in, the hardware stuff could have been in a twitter post but a pretty great variety of games and some more than great reveals bump this up to a 9 for me. I’ll leave it at this but … No CGI vs In-game cinematics? Just show me actual gameplay please 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

Not much for me...or at least I think so. Several trailers just had no gameplay, so I dont know what the games are like. Still great pacing though. Cant wait for Like A Dragon 8.

It finally feels like we're getting some next gen games. after the meh sony show this was very impressive not perfect but very good and starfield has the potential to be huge i really hope they can pull it off.

Has Sony put out a tweet explaining which multiplat games will also be coming to PS yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.