By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct thread- Live now!

Rate the Xbox showcase + Starfield direct?

10 6 14.63%

9 9 21.95%

8 16 39.02%

7 3 7.32%

6 5 12.20%

5 1 2.44%

4 1 2.44%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:41
shikamaru317 said:
pitzy272 said:

Were you being facetious? They confirmed it’s 30 FPS on console. 

He was saying that the gameplay footage on display in the showcase looks 60 fps. Most likely the gameplay for the showcase was captured on PC. 

^this

It looked like it was captured at different frame rates from different builds.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Imaginedvl said:

60 FPS :) This is def. NOT in 30 FPS (Starfield)

I posted that about he gameplay showed, while it was being shown… The footage was 60 FPS

We did not know if it was console or PC.

DroidKnight said:
shikamaru317 said:

He was saying that the gameplay footage on display in the showcase looks 60 fps. Most likely the gameplay for the showcase was captured on PC. 

^this

It looked like it was captured at different frame rates from different builds.  

Yeah, sometimes it looked 60 fps to me, other times 30 fps. The 30 fps sections did look a bit rough to my eyes since I am so used to 60 fps games now due to the cross-gen period spoiling me, but the 30 fps seems bearable based on what was shown, especially if you switch to the 3rd person viewpoint. 

We'd better be getting used to 30 fps again, I think we will be seeing it more and more often now that the cross-gen period is ending. Either get used to 30 fps again or buy the Pro consoles when they release (PS5 Pro said to be a Holiday 2024 release, not sure about Xbox Pro, if Xbox is even making one).

Imaginedvl said:
pitzy272 said:

I posted that about he gameplay showed, while it was being shown… The footage was 60 FPS

We did not know if it was console or PC.

Gotcha. Thought you were commenting on the big question of 60 vs 30 for Xbox. 

Great showcase. 8.5/10 or maybe even a 9/10. I certainly did not expect Sony's overhyped/long overdue showcase to arguably be the worst one I ever watched live, and Microsoft's to be among the best. Weird year!

Around the Network

9/10 I really liked the showing but would have liked another surprise.

i think the show was ok.

The real saving grace was the Starfield Direct portion.

Neither the Fable or Hellblade trailers did anything for me: for games announced in 2020 and 2019 respectively, they should have had better showings showing off more gameplay (though I believe that cinematic esque nature of HB2 is part of the gameplay loop).

South of Midnight looks cool, but impossible to tell what kind of game it is meant to be.

Avowed showed some cool gameplay, but graphically and artistically it looks very inconsistent: at times it looked like an MMO, at times it had this animation esque filter to it, at times it looked more realistic. I wasn't sold on it.

I also have no interest in 4 of their games being DLC update trailers. i appreciate that MS pushes this in their showcase but it feels like very blatant padding.
The other MS games looked interesting, especially the new Flight Simulator which looked awesome!

3rd party stuff was hit 'n' miss ai felt. Good that MS has pushed their relationship with SEGA. That will be beneficial to them.

Otherwise, I don't think the pacing was very good. The constant 'MS presents' and 'day 1 gamepass' for each and every trailer really slowed things down.

Anyhow, Starfield looked awesome. i think my kid will be very keen on that.

Minus 5 points for that pathetic 48 hours embargo on all those multiplat games...

drkohler said:

Minus 5 points for that pathetic 48 hours embargo on all those multiplat games...

Oh no, the horror! Even if the games had 2 days of outright exclusivity on Xbox, who tf cares?!? It's 2 days! This is fake outrage if I've ever seen. 

You're saying this like the games aren't still months away from release

gtotheunit91 said:
drkohler said:

Oh no, the horror! Even if the game had 2 days of outright exclusivity on Xbox, who tf cares?!? This is fake outrage if I've ever seen. 

I swear the less there is to actually hate MS for the more nitpicky people are becoming. I'm curious if he also minuses points on past showcases for moneyhats, or is waiting 2 days for news of platforms worse? lol MS never said exclusive, there's your answer that these games are also going to be on Playstation.