By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 22, 2023 (May 22 - May 28)

Pinkie_pie said:
Megiddo said:

Please look at what the best selling year for the PS4 was in Japan. This is like me saying that there's a chance that the Switch won't sell 10 million this year. It's an incomprehensibly stupid statement.

You can't be serious thinking there was no way or it was highly unlikely ps5 won't sell 3 million this year. Saying switch switch could sell 10 million is 100% impossible.  I'm willing to bet with you PS5 will sell 3 million this year

Even if it doesn't sell 3 million it will be within 100-200k. Switch could barely get to within half of 10 million so your comparison is really bad

He Misunderstood. He though you said sell 5 millions this year. Let's no derail the thread please. 

Around the Network
Chicho said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You can't be serious thinking there was no way or it was highly unlikely ps5 won't sell 3 million this year. Saying switch switch could sell 10 million is 100% impossible.  I'm willing to bet with you PS5 will sell 3 million this year

Even if it doesn't sell 3 million it will be within 100-200k. Switch could barely get to within half of 10 million so your comparison is really bad

He Misunderstood. He though you said sell 5 millions this year. Let's no derail the thread please. 

5 million would be impossible yes but not 3 million . 10 million for switch as we all know is impossible so the comparison was just stupid. He said look at PS4 peak year in Japan but PS4 peak year was around 20m compared to PS5 25m+ this year. With FF16 releasing at the end of June it should be very close to 1.5m after 6 months so I don't know why he thinks 3 million is impossible 

"Switch sales will drop off now"

The Switch:

curl-6 said:

The Switch:

It prolly has a loooong stamina bar to lengthen the descent as well. 

Anywoo, long live the cliff jokes !!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

curl-6 said:

The Switch:

Lol!! This the best post ever!!

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Chicho said:

5 million would be impossible yes but not 3 million . 10 million for switch as we all know is impossible so the comparison was just stupid. He said look at PS4 peak year in Japan but PS4 peak year was around 20m compared to PS5 25m+ this year. With FF16 releasing at the end of June it should be very close to 1.5m after 6 months so I don't know why he thinks 3 million is impossible 

Because it was only met by meeting a shit ton of pend up demand, due to there finally being stock after 2.5 years. The PS5 sold over a million in 20 weeks. Now that the demand is met I really can't see it selling much better than any PlayStation home console did for the last 30 weeks of the year. Which means selling 3 million units is pretty much impossible.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Because it was only met by meeting a shit ton of pend up demand, due to there finally being stock after 2.5 years. The PS5 sold over a million in 20 weeks. Now that the demand is met I really can't see it selling much better than any PlayStation home console did for the last 30 weeks of the year. Which means selling 3 million units is pretty much impossible.

Very odd thing to say considering that there are 30 weeks remaining, FF16 is coming in a few weeks and Sony might release a new model this year. 

PS5 is now ahead of PS4 in Japan. PS4's strongest holiday season lies ahead, though. (PS4 Pro launched in November)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/457161/ps5-vs-ps4-sales-comparison-in-japan-april-2023/

curl-6 said:

The Switch:

He's technically falling from a cliff

Zelda had a bigger impact on hardware sales than I expected considering the Switch's age and at this point my prediction of it selling less than 2017 is looking increasingly unlikely. It'd have to fall off a lot during the 2nd half of the year for that to happen now. Also PS5 expectations seem to be going from unreasonably low to unreasonably high.