By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 22, 2023 (May 22 - May 28)

SKMBlake said:
curl-6 said:

"Switch sales will drop off now"

The Switch:

He's technically falling from a cliff

Switch uses Link's Ascend ability

Around the Network

Only Playstation game to chart in the top 30 was the PS4 version of Hogwarts Legacy. That prevented the full 30/30 Switch sweep.

Zelda effect ?
Switch is still doing well.

Playstation physical sales are basically dead in Japan.
The cutoff point for the top 30 this week was only 1233 and just a single game passed that threshold.

Nintendo destroying Sony , im not surprised

Around the Network
znake said:

Nintendo destroying Sony , im not surprised

I mean, yeah, it's Japan. Sony have been playing second fiddle there since the PS2, and haven't had a strong presence since the PSP.

Pent up demand for PS5 being met has led to a few months of unusually high sales for them, but when all's said and done, Nintendo has Japan on lock.

jvmkdg said:

my prediction for the ps5 to reach 5 million in total by the end of the year is getting even further away. even if final fantasy xvi is a success it would still have to sell 45,000 units a week by the end of the year.

It doesn't look very good yeah but I wonder what the Japanese are doing with all the Consoles they bought with a disc drive? Playing their old PS4 games apparently, because even though there were roughly 33k disc systems sold, not one game made it into the top 30 with a very low seller at 30th place with just 1200 units...

MTC001 said:
jvmkdg said:

my prediction for the ps5 to reach 5 million in total by the end of the year is getting even further away. even if final fantasy xvi is a success it would still have to sell 45,000 units a week by the end of the year.

It doesn't look very good yeah but I wonder what the Japanese are doing with all the Consoles they bought with a disc drive? Playing their old PS4 games apparently, because even though there were roughly 33k disc systems sold, not one game made it into the top 30 with a very low seller at 30th place with just 1200 units...

Maybe digital is huge

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also