By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This trend needs to end

IcaroRibeiro said:
zeldaring said:

The fact that they haven't  fixed it after so many years make believe it's intentional. The money that it brings in must be insane. most people with kids will just go out and buy news ones, instead of waiting for weeks for a repair. I just hope Sony and Microsoft don't copy this method. 

Too late. Dualsenses are drifting too

Exactly if Nintendo can do it and making a fortune on it. this can become a industry norm and selling defective junk so you keep spending 80$ for other controllers.

https://gamerant.com/ps5-dualsense-controller-stick-drift-tweak/

Apparently they took care of the issue but been gaming since NES and never had controller issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nWDAI31ig

Last edited by zeldaring - on 01 June 2023

Around the Network

Welp ... This thread was about the topic of defective day one releases seemingly being more common in the "AAA" space than usual and how looking at some devs like Nintendo has done with some flawless releases recently, this industry could learn from simply looking at their games and polish them instead doing the release broken game first, patch later mentality that has been plaguing this generation so far.

But no, let's derail this into a drifting joycon thread ...

Anywoo, I'm in all agreement over the statement that this industry really needs to get accountable to some of the bullshit releases they've put through in these recent times and it is why more informed gamer need to be careful about what you can put your bucks into.

For myself, I put my trust in Nintendo and most of it's partners to put on day one satisfying experience that isn't hindered by what western publishers incompetency have showcased in recent years.
Which is why, I don't dropping the asked price.

Although, I almost never pre-order since I know my local GameStop orders plenty copies of the games I buy in bulk so there's no FOMO need for such

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I buy Nintendo day 1 because their prices rarely drop. For the ps5 I buy software 6 months later. Not only has the game been patched but it is half price. I personally don't see the point in rushing to buy something that will not holds its price.

Mar1217 said:

Welp ... This thread was about the topic of defective day one releases seemingly being more common in the "AAA" space than usual and how looking at some devs like Nintendo has done with some flawless releases recently, this industry could learn from simply looking at their games and polish them instead doing the release broken game first, patch later mentality that has been plaguing this generation so far.

But no, let's derail this into a drifting joycon thread ...

Anywoo, I'm in all agreement over the statement that this industry really needs to get accountable to some of the bullshit releases they've put through in these recent times and it is why more informed gamer need to be careful about what you can put your bucks into.

For myself, I put my trust in Nintendo and most of it's partners to put on day one satisfying experience that isn't hindered by what western publishers incompetency have showcased in recent years.
Which is why, I don't dropping the asked price.

Although, I almost never pre-order since I know my local GameStop orders plenty copies of the games I buy in bulk so there's no FOMO need for such

I don't see it as derailing the thread at all. The joycon situation   is the similar  the what  OP described except on a much bigger scale with hardware. The fact that they haven't even did a revision or even trying to fix after they said they would is  anti consumer and snake oil salesman on a much bigger scale. I didn't wanna make anew thread about it since this is a thread about gaming companies  doing the uninformed customer wrong. 

This thread is talking about games and pre-ordering them, not defective hardware.

You can even see in the OP that all those apology letters are directly to do with video games, not video games hardware. Going on and on about Joycon drift will only stagnate the thread as well as derail it. We get you have beef with the Jocyons, I did as well, since I bought 2 pairs and both drifted on me within months, but my solution to that?, not to buy anymore joycons and not bother with Nintendo systems again.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

EA now increasing the price of their MTX trash. EA and other big publishers know they can treat you like trash. If you keep buying into this shit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chazore said:

This thread is talking about games and pre-ordering them, not defective hardware.

You can even see in the OP that all those apology letters are directly to do with video games, not video games hardware. Going on and on about Joycon drift will only stagnate the thread as well as derail it. We get you have beef with the Jocyons, I did as well, since I bought 2 pairs and both drifted on me within months, but my solution to that?, not to buy anymore joycons and not bother with Nintendo systems again.

Fair enough back on topic. just found out about it and was kinda pissed about it, but yea let's move on.  Back on topic most of the games on the list are not big releases except for Cyberpunk 2020 release and jedi. I would say it's not gonna change and it's not the developer trying to be a snake oils sales man, because having a buggy game will hurt the game sales, reviews and reputation so bad, its just being incompetent and not having skill programmers and  enough budget, or being stupid and pushing graphics so much that your game runs like crap is so stupid to me.

IcaroRibeiro said:

zeldaring said:

Switch controllers drift the most seemingly because of how the potentiometer is mounted under the stick, which is a bit different than the other controllers, allowing it to wear more easily. Whether that's because it's cheaper or it's a design flaw is anyone's guess but it'll probably be fixed to more normal levels of drift with the Switch 2.

But since all we have is anecdotal evidence there's no telling if today's controllers, Nintendo or not, are actually worse than controllers in the past. Same thing I mentioned earlier in this thread about game quality, really.

haxxiy said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Switch controllers drift the most seemingly because of how the potentiometer is mounted under the stick, which is a bit different than the other controllers, allowing it to wear more easily. Whether that's because it's cheaper or it's a design flaw is anyone's guess but it'll probably be fixed to more normal levels of drift with the Switch 2.

But since all we have is anecdotal evidence there's no telling if today's controllers, Nintendo or not, are actually worse than controllers in the past. Same thing I mentioned earlier in this thread about game quality, really.

Hardware, and software will always have problems. I agree about AAA game quality. Let's not forget on 360/ps3 it was much worse from what i remember so many games running at 15-30fps constantly basically a mess to play. That list the OP posted is pretty weak considering how many great AAA we are getting, and the only huge release was cyberpunk and Jedi. jedi would be considered normal in the 360/ps3 era.  

Regarding the drifts on ps5 sony has actually released a revision and at least trying to fix complaints. Nintendo hasn't when they even admitted to the drift problems and said they will fix it and do better, that's the main issue people have.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 02 June 2023

I actually believe (through my own investigations) that the joycon drift may not actually -always- be a hardware fault.

Case in point, I had a drifting 3rd party powerwave controller, which has never drifted before (Or since)... Just drifting to the left hard.

Playing with the stick, taking the batteries out, even used another controller, nothing would solve it. - Left it on the table while it drifted and rebooted the console, as soon as the reboot was complete, the drift stopped.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--