By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This trend needs to end

Chrkeller said:

Nintendo is known for durable products. Nintendo is my personal favorite, but the joy cons were heavily flawed. It is disappointing and something the switch 2 needs to fix.

The fact that they haven't  fixed it after so many years make believe it's intentional. The money that it brings in must be insane. most people with kids will just go out and buy news ones, instead of waiting for weeks for a repair. I just hope Sony and Microsoft don't copy this method. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRYF2s-wLc

Nintendo after killing the competition 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 01 June 2023

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Nintendo is known for durable products. Nintendo is my personal favorite, but the joy cons were heavily flawed. It is disappointing and something the switch 2 needs to fix.

The fact that they haven't  fixed it after so many years make believe it's intentional. The money that it brings in must be insane. most people with kids will just go out and buy news ones, instead of waiting for weeks for a repair. I just hope Sony and Microsoft don't copy this method. 

Nah, it isn't intentional, just bad design.  If the switch 2 has major drift issues it will damage their brand.  Nintendo isn't that reckless.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Nah, it isn't intentional, just bad design.  If the switch 2 has major drift issues it will damage their brand.  Nintendo isn't that reckless.

I mean won't this damage the brand? drift issues since 2017 and it seems like a simple enough fix. Yet they are still basically selling defective joycons. 

Nintendo Joycons use stock Chinese parts that are cheap. PS5 controllers have had serious drift issues. Elite Controller version 1 had drift issues. What needs to happen is every console maker follows SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast examples and just uses Hall Effect (neither have drift issues even used controllers to this day). SEGA solved it in 1995. Even Sony's $200 controller doesn't use Hall Effect but my $70 8bitdo Ultimate Controller for Switch does. It's time Hall Effect is standard to prevent drift entirely but all 3 cheap out on parts.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 June 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Nintendo Joycons use stock Chinese parts that are cheap. PS5 controllers have had serious drift issues. Elite Controller version 1 had drift issues. What needs to happen is every console maker follows SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast examples and just uses Hall Effect (neither have drift issues even used controllers to this day). SEGA solved it in 1995. Even Sony's $200 controller doesn't use Hall Effect but my $70 8bitdo Ultimate Controller for Switch does. It's time Hall Effect is standard to prevent drift entirely but all 3 cheap out on parts.

The difference here that it's been confirmed to be manufacturer  problem and the joycons are suffering from mass defects. Nintendo said they will address the issue and apologized. Yet the joycons are is still being sold with the same defects with the new Zelda unit. This concerns me because if people keep buying and not caring this will become a standard to release low quality product that breaks so the customer can keep spending more.   

Around the Network

Spawn Wave tore them down years ago. It's because they are using a stock Chinese part. Newer Joycons are better but still don't change enough Hall Effect would remove all of this.

Leynos said:

Spawn Wave tore them down years ago. It's because they are using a stock Chinese part. Newer Joycons are better but still don't change anything. Hall Effect would remove all of this.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-joy-con-drift-design-flaw-study/ it's a design issue. you can forget about hall effect if they don't even care to fix the design issue. it's bringing in  millions

Man you're thick in the head. Yes, the design issue is the stock parts they bought being shitty. Nintendo did not design the analog sticks. They buy them in bulk. You are arguing for the sake of it. The site needs an ignore button which is standard on other forums.

Done with you. Only other response will be ON TOPIC. Not your BS agenda.

zeldaring said:

Too late. Dualsenses are drifting too

Leynos said:

Man you're thick in the head. Yes, the design issue is the stock parts they bought being shitty. Nintendo did not design the analog sticks. They buy them in bulk. You are arguing for the sake of it. The site needs an ignore button which is standard on other forums.

Done with you. Only other response will be ON TOPIC. Not your BS agenda.

Typical fanboy response. Why am i not surprised. In the end Nintendo is selling defective Joycons and they are the ones buying the low quality analog  and selling to the customer and making a fortune. it's ok though let Nintendo keep buying defective junk and selling to the customers.  The fact thats someone defends this with the stupid argument that they are buying crap parts and know they are crap parts that are defective with out attempting to fix is disgusting. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 01 June 2023