By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This trend needs to end

Just saw a report how Nintendo is selling defective joy cons cause of a drifting issues and they won't refund anyone.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

Just saw a report how Nintendo is selling defective joy cons cause of a drifting issues and they won't refund anyone.

You don't like how Nintendo makes games, you don't like how they sell their controller, you don't like Mario Galaxy, you don't like Tears of the Kingdom, you really like their competition. You joined vgchartz just 10 days ago to flood the TotK thread with rave of From Software games. and really show a weird obsession with the company. 

What's your deal?

Everyone loves the company, they make amazing games, they are showing the industry that graphics tech isn't the be all end all and that honest quality gameplay trumps everything else. They make revolutionary gaming experiences time and time again.

Isn't hating Nintendo a 2000s thing? I think everyone gets it. Enjoy your games, let others enjoy theirs.

Last edited by padib - on 31 May 2023

padib said:
zeldaring said:

You don't like how Nintendo makes games, you don't like how they sell their controller, you don't like Mario Galaxy, you don't like Tears of the Kingdom, you really like their competition. You joined vgchartz just 10 days ago to flood the TotK thread with talks of From Software games. and really show a weird obsession with the company. 

What's your deal?

Everyone loves the company, they make amazing games, they are showing the industry that graphics tech isn't the be all end all and that honest quality gameplay trumps everything else. They make revolutionary gaming experiences time and time again.

Isn't hating Nintendo a 2000s thing? I think everyone gets it. Enjoy your games, let others enjoy theirs.

Hates Nintendo and named himself Zeldaring lol. You're right tho his posts remind me of Gamecube-Wii-era Nintendo hate. When people in the 7th gen esp said Nintendo should go 3rd party and put Zelda on "real" consoles because GWAFIX! And make it M rated! Again people missed it but he sounds like a David Jaffe twitter page.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

So Nintendo releases broken joy cons and its ok? This thread was about companies doing things wrong and Nintendo should absolutely be called out for it.

I'm not even gonna reply to the rest of the post it's a much whiney none sense.

Nintendo president apologized over joy-con drift, promised improvements, then won the lawsuits and are still selling defective controllers

Last edited by zeldaring - on 31 May 2023

I Love how some people come to conclusion that I hate Nintendo based of what? Not liking marioa galaxy? and thinking it was over rated. I rated botw of a 9 out tof 10. That means I hate zelda so much? anything negative said about Nintendo means you hate them. Like seriously grow up. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/13u0vcj/nintendo_president_apologized_over_joycon_drift/

Here is the article maybe you should add it to the op, or Nintendo doesn't count cause they make my favorite games? Basically Nintendo still selling defective joycons after 3 years of promising to fix them lmao. Straight up gangster 😎 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 01 June 2023

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

I Love how some people come to conclusion that I hate Nintendo based of what? Not liking marioa galaxy? and thinking it was over rated. I rated botw of a 9 out tof 10. That means I hate zelda so much? anything negative said about Nintendo means you hate them. Like seriously grow up. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/13u0vcj/nintendo_president_apologized_over_joycon_drift/

Here is the article maybe you should add it to the op, or Nintendo doesn't count cause they make my favorite games? Basically Nintendo still selling defective joycons after 3 years of promising to fix them lmao. Straight up gangster 😎 

There seems to be some fanaticism afoot when it comes to Nintendo. Automatically praising everything they do and not tolerating criticism of any kind or degree is a bit weird.

I mean, I'm a huge Sony fan myself, but I don't get stars in my eyes and just love *everything* they do with unbridled devotion, and I call them out for things I don't agree with.

Dante9 said:
zeldaring said:

Here is the article maybe you should add it to the op, or Nintendo doesn't count cause they make my favorite games? Basically Nintendo still selling defective joycons after 3 years of promising to fix them lmao. Straight up gangster ðŸ˜Å½ 

There seems to be some fanaticism afoot when it comes to Nintendo. Automatically praising everything they do and not tolerating criticism of any kind or degree is a bit weird.

I mean, I'm a huge Sony fan myself, but I don't get stars in my eyes and just love *everything* they do with unbridled devotion, and I call them out for things I don't agree with.

Nintendo isn't automatically praised.  I think people are just annoyed they are releasing some of the best software on weak hardware.  For some it is a tough pill to take.  

Personally I think TotK is superb.  Incredible experience.  

The joy cons are steaming piles of crap.  I've been through 3 pairs.

This joy-con stuff is years old news. Everyone already knew that in 2017. They got sued several times, they fix the joy-cons for free and the joy-cons seem to be drifting way less now anyways. Most of the drifting comes from dust getting in there it seems to me.

Kakadu18 said:

This joy-con stuff is years old news. Everyone already knew that in 2017. They got sued several times, they fix the joy-cons for free and the joy-cons seem to be drifting way less now anyways. Most of the drifting comes from dust getting in there it seems to me.

Not old news. Try clicking on the link and reading. it got 30k up votes. you have to pay for shipping and wait days to get fixed, and sometimes they don't even fix  them. reading the comments where people going through 5 joy cons at 80$ each lol. Nintendo is so gangster  and they know they can get away with it, because of  loyal fan base. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/13u0vcj/nintendo_president_apologized_over_joycon_drift/?sort=new

Nintendo is known for durable products. Nintendo is my personal favorite, but the joy cons were heavily flawed. It is disappointing and something the switch 2 needs to fix.