By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LTTP: Super Mario Galaxy

zeldaring said:
GoOnKid said:

Dude, what do you want from us? Do you seek validation? Do you want attention? Do you want to spread nonsense? Whenever people tell you where you're wrong you just ignore it and repeat your same old stuff. Is there anything else you can do with your free time?

lol everything i said was mostly facts. I haven't seen anyone prove me wrong.

Facts. Okay.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
GoOnKid said:

Dude, what do you want from us? Do you seek validation? Do you want attention? Do you want to spread nonsense? Whenever people tell you where you're wrong you just ignore it and repeat your same old stuff. Is there anything else you can do with your free time?

You've not presented any facts at all you've just said you don't like it and continue to repeat the same comments with no real elaboration at best your whole debate here is wildly subjective and anecdote, for example even your comparisons make no sense as out of all of them only SM64 is a 3d platformer. You've brought up TLOU, Sekiro and so on like they mean anything it's like someone saying Uncharted isn't good then comparing it to Street Fighter. 

GoOnKid said:
zeldaring said:

Facts. Okay.

game has very little challenge 

exploration is none existent and super linear

camera is wonky and many have complained about it

controls are inferior to mario 64 and not made for precise 3d platforming  cause if the gravity theme

game feels like it belongs on n64 then  a 7th gen game.

Wyrdness said:
zeldaring said:

You've not presented any facts at all you've just said you don't like it and continue to repeat the same comments with no real elaboration at best your whole debate here is wildly subjective and anecdote, for example even your comparisons make no sense as out of all of them only SM64 is a 3d platformer. You've brought up TLOU, Sekiro and so on like they mean anything it's like someone saying Uncharted isn't good then comparing it to Street Fighter. 

I only brought that up because we had many games that really were revolutionary and here we have mario galaxy that honestly feels like it belongs on n64 being rated the best game of the 7th gen. it's make no sense to me.

zeldaring said:

I only brought that up because we had many games that really were revolutionary and here we have mario galaxy that honestly feels like it belongs on n64 being rated the best game of the 7th gen. it's make no sense to me.

Except the games you mentioned aren't revolutionary though they're just considered really good your whole argument has no coherence here because for one why Galaxy is held in high regard is objective in how it approached platforming in its use of gravity physics you may not like it but it can't be argued in what it did. Instead your argument has gone down a route where you are making noise but not really saying anything an example is your exploration complaint like who is expecting heavy exploration in Galaxy? Within the first few stars it's clear that is not what the game is about, bringing up random comparisons does nothing for your argument because the point of a debate is to have coherence and clarification and you're not really providing either here.

Around the Network

Waste of time

/thread

zeldaring said:
GoOnKid said:

Facts. Okay.

controls are inferior to mario 64 and not made for precise 3d platforming  cause if the gravity theme

Ease of a game is not in and of itself a criticism. I've played a lot of great easy games and a lot of terrible hard games. 

Linearity is also not inherently a bad thing. I tend to prefer platformers that have a tight, linear level design focused on platforming and the challenges that are presented to you, as opposed to the more exploration heavy 3D platformers which I find to be less engaging and have more down time. 

The others are all opinions. 

sundin13 said:
zeldaring said:

Ease of a game is not in and of itself a criticism. I've played a lot of great easy games and a lot of terrible hard games. 

Linearity is also not inherently a bad thing. I tend to prefer platformers that have a tight, linear level design focused on platforming and the challenges that are presented to you, as opposed to the more exploration heavy 3D platformers which I find to be less engaging and have more down time. 

The others are all opinions. 

A game tha requires  a little to no skill is not a good thing for me. its bad gameplay imo. as for linear i have no problem with that when the game has amazing controls and great platforming but thats not the case here. you hardly get that paced tight platforming in this game. its more designed for exploration but has none.

Wyrdness said:
zeldaring said:

Except the games you mentioned aren't revolutionary though they're just considered really good your whole argument has no coherence here because for one why Galaxy is held in high regard is objective in how it approached platforming in its use of gravity physics you may not like it but it can't be argued in what it did. Instead your argument has gone down a route where you are making noise but not really saying anything an example is your exploration complaint like who is expecting heavy exploration in Galaxy? Within the first few stars it's clear that is not what the game is about, bringing up random comparisons does nothing for your argument because the point of a debate is to have coherence and clarification and you're not really providing either here.

The Last of Us was a revolutionary turning point for story-driven cinematic experience type video games thats not really debatable 

Skyrim was basically BOTW on 360 for its time.

batman arkham city nothing was like it when it came out. 

zeldaring said:

The Last of Us was a revolutionary turning point for story-driven cinematic experience type video games thats not really debatable 

Skyrim was basically BOTW on 360 for its time.

batman arkham city nothing was like it when it came out. 

TLOU is not revolutionary it just did what other games did better for example Uncharted 2 already did what TLOU was doing and set the bar, Skyrim was a good open world yes but Oblivion and Morrowind already brought the foundation it used Skyrim just executed it better. Even with AC the are games like Spiderman that heavily pre-date it back on the PS1, AC just executed it better with a different character.