By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LTTP: Super Mario Galaxy

I agree with op. The galaxy series is not fun. Graphics are cute. Flying to a different planet is a good way to separate parts of the level. It’s just too easy and restrictive. I like Mario games with challenge and freedom.

Around the Network

Galaxy is easily my favorite mario game for a lot of the reasons u listed lol but as many said its just different for different people.

I personally dont like Mario 64 much at all

TheWalrusCaesar said:

Galaxy is easily my favorite mario game for a lot of the reasons u listed lol but as many said its just different for different people.

I personally dont like Mario 64 much at all

I mean mario 64 imo should not even be in the conversation considering its the first 3d mario game, and its been released  over 23 years ago, it should have had a 3d mario game that blows it out of the water. something like the first 2d mario to super mario 3 and world. it really shows how small the evolution is which is really disappointing, 

pikashoe said:
zeldaring said:

I don't hate it. it just  nothing special. it's repetitive as heck. most levels look the same. the design just doesn't make for good platforming and camera is horrible. 

Repetitive? Most levels look the same? Horrible camera? These are complaints I've never heard about mario galaxy. 

The only parts where there are issues with the camera are some of the water levels, but it's nowhere near horrible.

JWeinCom said:
zeldaring said:

when you think about the gravity and running arounds little spheres most of the game and then jumping into stars and watching mario fly going to another little sphere the whole game its really crap game design . Thats what i call a gimmick its fun for a little while. but its comes at the expense of better controls, gameplay/Platforming and camera angels, not to mention its super linear and repetitive.  if you think i'm the only one, you can watch many complain about the samething i'm complaining about

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/11q3lr7/flaws_with_super_mario_galaxy/

then the whole "random hole that KILLS YOU" and "oh but wait, you can fall down and go upside down over here and NOT DIE" is terrible level design. Like Nintendo was still clinging to old (deadly pits) while trying to do something new (space). And then they were like “OK we can SOLVE this broken confusing thing by telegraphing it with big flaming black hole” which then runs the aesthetics and highlights the stupidity of it instead of fixing it.

I can find many people online complaining about anything. I'm sure there is a group of people right now talking about how overrated getting blown by room full of beautiful women is. That being said, even in this thread particularly asking for flaws, the response is overwhelmingly positive, so if you're trying to make an argument from popularity here, which is a bad argument anyway, it's not working. 

You are talking to the guy who tried to tell me that Animal Crossing: New Horizons is trash because of it's metacritic user score.

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy is centered around a imo brilliant mechanic that made some incredible level design possible.
I don't even think it aged much at all.

Go play the game again it's anything but brilliant. You want brilliant level design play bloodborn, sekiro, link to the past and dark souls 3.

I think the Galaxy games are the best of the 3D Mario platformers. It felt like a good balance between SM64/SMS and 3D World/Land in terms of the number of levels.

SMO is great too, I just wish the game wasn't such a walk in the park.

Dude, what do you want from us? Do you seek validation? Do you want attention? Do you want to spread nonsense? Whenever people tell you where you're wrong you just ignore it and repeat your same old stuff. Is there anything else you can do with your free time?

GoOnKid said:

Dude, what do you want from us? Do you seek validation? Do you want attention? Do you want to spread nonsense? Whenever people tell you where you're wrong you just ignore it and repeat your same old stuff. Is there anything else you can do with your free time?

lol everything i said was mostly facts. I haven't seen anyone prove me wrong.

game has very little challenge 

exploration is none existent and super linear

camera is wonky and many have complained about it

controls are inferior to mario 64 and not made for precise 3d platforming  cause if the gravity theme

Last edited by zeldaring - on 27 May 2023