By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Leaker says the new Switch model he teased is next-gen, not a revision, Q1 2024 release

Winter 2023 is basically FY Winter 2023 in Nintendo's eyes, so they probably mean by 2024 March. Also this guy can't speak English so there is bound to be a translation error.

Around the Network

I don't know why the concept of a Switch Pro is even talked about still. 2021 was the last year that made sense for it.

Wman1996 said:

That could be, but perhaps the secrecy is the lack of upcoming first-party games this year. 

What 

You do realize how many exclusives Nintendo already did and will publish this year ?

- Fire Emblem Engage

- Metroid Prime Remastered

- Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe

- Bayonetta Origins

- Advance Wars 1+2

- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

- Pikmin 4

+ Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 HD as honourable mention

+ Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC, Splatoon 3 DLC, Pokémon DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC

And that's only for the first half of 2023.

*sigh* Here I thought we had piece on the subject of any kind of Switch upgrade or successor for the next year or so.

Nonetheless, "New Switch Models" could certainly mean a special edition like the Animal Crossing, Smash, Monster Hunter, the recently revealed TOTK edition we had in the past.

Honestly, I'd be quite surprised if Nintendo truly was ready with the guns to attack a new generation so soon when a lot of their teams only wrapped up projects just recently.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I mean sure machine translation has flaws but it translates it as New Nintendo Switch models. A real successor to the Switch can either be called Switch 2, Next-Gen Switch, Switch successor or something similar but New models definitely means new versions of current gen.

Around the Network

I don't know. The current Switch can still sell a bit more with some strong first party titles.

Guess I'll wait until June, or whenever the new Direct comes. If they only announce new Switch games, then it's definitely not coming this year.

SKMBlake said:
Wman1996 said:

That could be, but perhaps the secrecy is the lack of upcoming first-party games this year. 

What 

You do realize how many exclusives Nintendo already did and will publish this year ?

- Fire Emblem Engage

- Metroid Prime Remastered

- Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe

- Bayonetta Origins

- Advance Wars 1+2

- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

- Pikmin 4

+ Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 HD as honourable mention

+ Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC, Splatoon 3 DLC, Pokémon DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC

And that's only for the first half of 2023.

I'm pretty sure he meant the second half of 2023.

A "Pro model" would 100% launch with Zelda: ToTK ... if it was a Switch 2 then OK there's a different argument where they would release a Switch 2 version later on, but to have a Pro hardware and then not let people enjoy Zelda on it right away presumably in higher resolution/performance is just stupid within a few months of each other.

That and there are people saying that Nintendo showed this Pokemon Presents to other press/media members last week is point towards fake on this one.

Doesn't seem likely. I doubt they are gonna release a "pro" model at this point. And the successor anytime in the next 12 months seems incredibly unlikely.

Slownenberg said:

Doesn't seem likely. I doubt they are gonna release a "pro" model at this point. And the successor anytime in the next 12 months seems incredibly unlikely.

I think this next fiscal year is mainly all about Zelda: TotK and probably even more importantly to Nintendo ... the Super Mario movie. They're gonna ride that for the next 12-13 months here. 

After that I think we'll get info on a Switch successor and release some time in the summer or 2nd half 2024. 

So Switch 2 for March 2024 Launch.