By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Leaker says the new Switch model he teased is next-gen, not a revision, Q1 2024 release

If this is true, I hope they do sell next gen upgrades for their Switch first party games. I would love to play an enchanted versions of some Switch games that I don't find very graphically appealing

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The Nvidia Drake model (T239) that's been leaked (also by a leaker who's gotten multiple things correct) and is listed as NVN2 in an Nvidia leak (NVN is Nvidia's internal name for the Nintendo Switch) is way too powerful for a "Pro" model. That thing is like 7-8x more powerful than the current Switch.

That said I doubt hardware this year. Furukawa said point blank he doesn't think hardware initiatives will boost Switch sales this year, that seems like a weird thing to say if you're launch new hardware.

This leak could be correct and still be a 2024 product as this Pokemon DLC runs through April 2024.

Yes alongside DLC 2 could stray into the first quarter of 2024. At almost 7 years old it would be too late for a Pro model. If they release a new device with the T239 or another chip with a newer architecture but still call it "Switch Pro" it's just Switch 2 with a different name. That's too radical a change in hardware to be considered similar to the New 3DS, PS4 Pro or One X.

My guess is march/2024 (Switch was released march/2017).

If it's March/April 2024 release it would also probably make a bit more sense as to why they didn't push Zelda back ... waiting on a finished game for a year is a bit much. 5-6 months would've been more reasonable. So that whole thing would make more sense too.

IcaroRibeiro said:

If this is true, I hope they do sell next gen upgrades for their Switch first party games. I would love to play an enchanted versions of some Switch games that I don't find very graphically appealing

Free upgrades would be ideal, but this is Nintendo we are talking about, so most likely paid. I just hope there is a paid upgrade path for current owners, if you already have a copy pay like $10 or $20 to upgrade it for Switch 2. Would be really shitty if they simply sell the updates as full priced $60-70 ports with no upgrade path for current owners.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

If it's March/April 2024 release it would also probably make a bit more sense as to why they didn't push Zelda back ... waiting on a finished game for a year is a bit much. 5-6 months would've been more reasonable. So that whole thing would make more sense too.

They get the double dippers too by releasing on Switch 1 early. It's really a win-win for them.

Well the other (reasonable) probability here is that this guy may have just been able to get a look at the Pokemon Presents a few days beforehand and is faking the second bit of news there.

I mean it wouldn't really surprise me if security/secrecy on a Pokemon Presents isn't as tight as a Nintendo Direct or something.

Soundwave said:

Well the other (reasonable) probability here is that this guy may have just been able to get a look at the Pokemon Presents a few days beforehand and is faking the second bit of news there.

I mean it wouldn't really surprise me if security/secrecy on a Pokemon Presents isn't as tight as a Nintendo Direct or something.

That's definitely possible.

shikamaru317 said:
Soundwave said:

They get the double dippers too by releasing on Switch 1 early. It's really a win-win for them.

I mean yeah I could see it I suppose

March or April 2024 Launch 

Zelda: ToTK 4K Edition w/all-new DLC gameplay content

Mario Kart 9 (starters course with 12 new tracks + 12 remastered ones). 

Soundwave said:
shikamaru317 said:

I mean yeah I could see it I suppose

March or April 2024 Launch 

Zelda: ToTK 4K Edition w/all-new DLC gameplay content

Mario Kart 9 (starters course with 12 new tracks + 12 remastered ones). 

They've been teasing the next 3D Mario after Odyssey for awhile now too, I would assume it will be a launch year game even if not at launch itself.