By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 8, 2023 (13 Feb - 19 Feb)

IcaroRibeiro said:

Very good hold for Hogwarts Legacy. I'm curious to see how much it can sell win PS4 and Switch

I'm curious about that too. Considering PS4 has a bigger user base than the PS5 and the Switch is the Switch. But then again, these versions of Hogwarts are going to release months after the initial release on PS5 and Xbox Series, which usually garners more hype, and scrutiny.

In regards to Tales of Symphonia, I guess it's disappointing considering the remaster is not as well-received or hyped. I do wonder if Switch or its successor will get Tales of Arise, Berseria, or an exclusive Tales of game at some point? Switch has a plethora of JRPGs that have done well on the platform. It would be a shame if Bandai Namco only released two remasters of games 2/3 generations ago on Switch, which is already the 3rd best selling console of all-time, or its successor, which is rumored to be on par with the PS4/Xbox Series S in terms of specs and power.

Last edited by Kai_Mao - on 24 February 2023

Around the Network

Though these numbers are fantastic, what we are currently seeing is the effect of built up demand and less a sign of things to come. In the coming months, despite available stock, these numbers will settle and become a better bearing for how the PS5 will sell continuously.

Personally, I predict that by late next month the weekly numbers will be halved. Though, I could always be wrong.

Doctor_MG said:

Though these numbers are fantastic, what we are currently seeing is the effect of built up demand and less a sign of things to come. In the coming months, despite available stock, these numbers will settle and become a better bearing for how the PS5 will sell continuously.

Personally, I predict that by late next month the weekly numbers will be halved. Though, I could always be wrong.

The numbers halfing will still be a great result considering all its big hitters are ahead of it and it's full price. It will remain on track to outsell the PS4

Otter said:

The numbers halfing will still be a great result considering all its big hitters are ahead of it and it's full price. It will remain on track to outsell the PS4

Well, halving won't be the end of it. Just that I couldn't see the current numbers continuing past that point next month. They will continue dropping until they get to a more consistent baseline (with some weeks higher than others, of course). It could outsell the PS4, but these current numbers should not be used as a basis for whether that does or does not happen because these current numbers are not going to remain consistent. 

Last edited by Doctor_MG - on 24 February 2023

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land surpasses 1 million physical copies sold

In less than a year too ! Kirby Star Allies some years to achieve the same milestone if I remember. Digital performance is probably stronger so it helps. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
kenjab said:

10./07. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports # (Nintendo) {2022.04.29} (¥4.980) - 5.773 / 1.007.103 <80-100%> (-19%)
11./09. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 # (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2022.03.04} (¥7.900) - 5.772 / 286.767 <80-100%> (+14%)

1 unit difference.

Will we find out about PSVR 2 sales next week?

CosmicSex said:

Will we find out about PSVR 2 sales next week?

Unfortunately, I don't think so.

The Horizon: Call of the Mountain bundle probably sold well, but the game is download only, so not being tracked.

I'll be honest I can't explain why the ps5 is selling so well

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:

I'll be honest I can't explain why the ps5 is selling so well

Pent up demand since there's finally enough stock.