By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 8, 2023 (13 Feb - 19 Feb)

Mar1217 said:
Kai_Mao said:

Wonder how many million sellers will the PS5 eventually have?

Are we speaking of physical copies only like this chart ? 

Cuz looking at the software sales of diverse PS5 titles ... I'll honestly be impressed if we get like 5 of them. The next Monster Hunter World and Dragon Quest XII will prolly be part of them I think.

I’m speaking in general, so digital and physical.

Monster Hunter World 2, I can see that. Probably the same with Dragon Quest XII, but the caveat is that I’m not sure if I can assume it’ll be exclusive or multiplatform. Because while the next Dragon Quest is using a better engine, the Switch is still the most dominant console in the Japanese market, even if the PS5 has recently outsold it the past several weeks. I’m not sure if Square Enix aims to Westernize Dragon Quest like the way they’ve Westernized Final Fantasy. If it is the case, then I’m not sure how it’ll be received, especially if it were to release in a much smaller user base like the current situation in the PS5 compared to a user base of over 20 million like the Switch.

Around the Network

To clarify, the image i made is based on Famitsu physical Sales chart. Animal crossing new horizons is just over 7 millions but when you add digital sales is 10.45 million and the best selling game of all times in Japan.

Last edited by Chicho - on 01 March 2023

Kai_Mao said:
Mar1217 said:

Are we speaking of physical copies only like this chart ? 

Cuz looking at the software sales of diverse PS5 titles ... I'll honestly be impressed if we get like 5 of them. The next Monster Hunter World and Dragon Quest XII will prolly be part of them I think.

I’m speaking in general, so digital and physical.

Monster Hunter World 2, I can see that. Probably the same with Dragon Quest XII, but the caveat is that I’m not sure if I can assume it’ll be exclusive or multiplatform. Because while the next Dragon Quest is using a better engine, the Switch is still the most dominant console in the Japanese market, even if the PS5 has recently outsold it the past several weeks. I’m not sure if Square Enix aims to Westernize Dragon Quest like the way they’ve Westernized Final Fantasy. If it is the case, then I’m not sure how it’ll be received, especially if it were to release in a much smaller user base like the current situation in the PS5 compared to a user base of over 20 million like the Switch.

DQ 12 is many years ahead and is likely targeting Switch 2

Chicho said:

To clarify, the image i made is based on Famitsu physical Sales chart. Animal crossing new horizons is just over 7 millions but when you add digital sales is above 12 million and the best selling game of all times in Japan.

No it's not above 12mil. 10.62mil

Ok. I missremember the exact number  I edited my comment above. 

Around the Network
Chicho said:

Ok. I missremember the exact number  I edited my comment above. 

It was 10.45mil as of September 2022. 10.62mil as of December 2022.

Another week at 90k + for ps5 wow!

mM