By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 8, 2023 (13 Feb - 19 Feb)

Just realised. February global sales for PS5 last year were 374k. Japan alone is going to be well over 300k for Feb this year.

Around the Network

this is insane i don't doubt the ps5 surpass the 2 million in february globally

At this rate, and looking at Amazon Japan. I expect the PS5 sales to fall next week because they are sold out again. It would be absolutely madness if the new PS5 stock levels still can't meet demand in Japan.

But consider the following. Sony has planned to ship 6 million this quarter. At the current rate the will hit 750k in Japan alone in Q4. Their goal is looking like a certainty now.

At this rate, and looking at Amazon Japan. I expect the PS5 sales to fall next week because they are sold out again. It would be absolutely madness if the new PS5 stock levels still can't meet demand in Japan.

But consider the following. Sony has planned to ship 6 million this quarter. At the current rate the will hit 750k in Japan alone in Q4. Their goal is looking like a certainty now.

Poor Switch ;(
This is what Nintendo deserves for paying dust to Donkey Kong , Rhythm Heaven and New Mario for the movie

Around the Network

PS5 Sales in Japan this month being nearly as high as it was globally last February is an insane stat. Stock was so absurdly bad that month.

CosmicSex said:

I wouldn't use Amazon as a parameter to estimate sales, most Japanese electronic stores have plenty stock of the standalone and PS5 Bundles.

There's a good chance PS5 could outsell Switch in Japan this year which is insane. I remember some saying PS5 would only sell around 5-6m in Japan lifetime

Hogwarts Legacy over 100k physical. That's good.

PS5 beasting the whole way through February this far. It even surpassed the Switch YTD numbers following some good weeks.

Switch despite seemingly lower than last year is actually about equal to 2020/2019's week so this is a solid base if it can maintain it for a while.

This was the last week before the increase in price for the Xbox Series consoles. Prepare yourself to see a big drop in numbers for the following weeks.

Anyway, Hogwarts Legacy managed to cling to the top spot for another week before Kirby comes to claim it's crown next week.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909