By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best story in a Nintendo game?

Narrative isn't as big a focus for Nintendo as it is for some other developers and publishers, but what game from them do you feel has the strongest narrative, and why?

Around the Network

When the modern medium of video game began in the 80's, Nintendo must've felt quite avant-garde to release the Legend of Zelda back on the NES.

Same for the narrative of Zelda Ocarina of Time in 1996. It truly took the franchise to a leap.

But yeah, admittedly the crown can easily be given to the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise now there's really much to discuss essentially unless you want a deep-dive analysis of these stories.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Super Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG were very good.

Skyward Sword.

For all the Nintendo games i enjoyed I can't think of any that were Nintendo IP with a story worth mentioning.
I guess Zelda 64 with sheikh? Even then that pales in comparison to really any story based game.

Or maybe Majora's mask?

I'd love to say Earthbound, FF6, or Chrono trigger. The Super Nintendo was so amazing..

Last edited by Bandorr - on 19 February 2023

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network

Hotel Dusk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Does Eternal Darkness count?

Xenoblade series Esp 1 and 3.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 February 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Xenoblade, Twilight Princess, Radiant Dawn (could’ve been told better but I think it’s still pretty damn good, just had limitations)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Favorite Zelda stories are Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past.

Probably, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem (varies, see the contrast between 3H and Engage storewide), and Mother 3 are their best efforts at story, and for the purposes of video games, they get the job done fine.