By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best story in a Nintendo game?

Their RPGs and Zelda games often habe very good stories.

Around the Network

Do you mean games actually made by Nintendo, or is it enough it they published it? I'd guess one of the Xenoblade Chronicles games might be the answer, but those were only published by Nintendo.

Signalstar said:

Hotel Dusk

This is, in fact, the correct answer. That or Last Window. 

Darashiva said:

Do you mean games actually made by Nintendo, or is it enough it they published it? I'd guess one of the Xenoblade Chronicles games might be the answer, but those were only published by Nintendo.

Those are Nintendo developed too, Monolith Soft has been a first party Nintendo studio since 2008.

curl-6 said:
Darashiva said:

Those are Nintendo developed too, Monolith Soft has been a first party Nintendo studio since 2008.

Oh right, I forgot about that. I suppose it might then be one of the Xenoblade games that has the best story in a Nintendo game.

Around the Network

Origami King

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ocarina of Time by miles and miles! Absolutely fantastic story! One of the best in all of gaming, ever. Full of archetypes.

I haven't really played enough Nintendo games that have a story focus. Super Mario, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing which are my main Nintendo games aren't really about that. I feel like Zelda, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and maybe Metroid are the four main Nintendo series that can contend for this and I've not played enough of any of them.

The only Zelda games I've played are Ocarina of Time and BOTW. BOTW's story wasn't really remarkable and I don't remember being especially interested in the Ocarina of Time story either despite loving the game.

Mother Trilogy, especially 2&3
Xenoblade Chronicles, especially 1&3
The Original Paper Mario Trilogy
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima