By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVR2: Are you getting it?

Are you planning to get a PSVR2?

Yes, Day 1 92 9.19%

Yes, but down the road 172 17.18%

Maybe 67 6.69%

No, they are too expensive 132 13.19%

No, VR doesn't interest me 288 28.77%

No, I haven't even gotten a PS5 yet 250 24.98%

Total:1,001

For me, the price tag is too expensive for what VR brings.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

No, I already have an Oculus Quest 2.

I've been interested in the original PSVR for years and still haven't gotten it yet despite it going down to $200 a few months ago.

Suffice to say, no interest anytime soon at all for PSVR2.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Preordered it (Horizon edition) with the charge thingy :) Day 1 for me!

Excited to tryout Horizon and GT7.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. More expensive than the console?  Besides I don't have the standing room these things want. When VR is as easy as putting on glasses and I can play fully sitting down and it's cheap then I will.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Nah, the fact that they got rid of backwards compatibility for the original PSVR games not to mention VR being generally expensive along with questionable long term support from developers means not thanks. If it worked on PC, then maybe.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

rapsuperstar31 said:

I'm not currently planning on buying it anytime soon. Same thing with the original PSVR, I had no plans to buy it than when the price got cut I ended up buying it that first black Friday and enjoying it for a few years before not turning it on the last 2 years. I'll probably pick it up at some point, I do want to play through Resident Evil Village in vr.

I actually bought a second one on black Friday but also haven't touched them in 2 years now. The hassle of setting it up and charging the controllers with different charge cables (still have the mini USB moves from ps3 era, yet the shooter thing uses micro USB) is enough to pass and put on something easier.

It will be easier with psvr2, one cable directly into the console, no camera that won't stay in place and I'll get a charging stand for the controllers which I assume are USB-C as well, no different sets of charge cables needed. Also no longer having to choose between easy movement with analog sticks or being able to use two hands will make it so much better!

PSVR was great, I wore out 2 headsets! But it was definitely early access hardware with that breakout box crap.

Have a hard time paying more for a PS5 peripheral than for the console itself. Was considering it for around 399. Hard no at it’s current price.

I definitely won't be buying it anytime soon. But, if it takes off and gets a lot of good games, it's likely that it will pick it up down the road.

No interest in VR regardless of platform so no is my answer.