By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVR2: Are you getting it?

Are you planning to get a PSVR2?

Yes, Day 1 92 9.19%

Yes, but down the road 172 17.18%

Maybe 67 6.69%

No, they are too expensive 132 13.19%

No, VR doesn't interest me 288 28.77%

No, I haven't even gotten a PS5 yet 250 24.98%

Total:1,001

It's definitely getting better with each iteration, with less cords and hassle. But I want to game sitting on my couch and I'd have to get fully fletched games, not some VR versions with their inherent limitations. Also, there's the problem of getting sea sick, I don't know how sensitive I would be to that, but it seems to be an issue with VR in general.

Around the Network

Difficult to justify as I'd need to purchase PS5 first. With few extra games, the total price is slowly creeping to Valve Index territory. I guess it's a great option if you already own PS5, unless the VR in this is beyond whatever the competition can offer (haven't looked into it too much TBH).

Nope no interest in VR at all for me the last thing I want to do when I finish work is sit there with a box on my head.

WoodenPints said:

Nope no interest in VR at all for me the last thing I want to do when I finish work is sit there with a box on my head.

Hmm yeah, so different ;)

VR is more relaxing. Sit back or even lay down flat with the headset on and play some Tetris effect, Thumper, Polybius, Astrobot, works great!

WoodenPints said:

This is such a weird reductive take.

You could also say
"Nope no interest in gaming at all for me, the last thing I want to do when I finish work is sit there staring at a light box."

Around the Network

Maybe down the road.

I'm very interested in experiencing VR, but with the high price tag, I could get a handful of games in this stacked year instead (Hogwarts, Star Wars, Dead Space, etc).

lol I didn't make it I just saw it and found it funny.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SvennoJ said:
WoodenPints said:

VR is more relaxing. Sit back or even lay down flat with the headset on and play some Tetris effect, Thumper, Polybius, Astrobot, works great!

VR is heavier than headphones and sweatier. Tho I don't wear headphones when gaming. I do get kinda clausterphobic wearing headphones too long and anything bigger than that causes anxiety attacks. Not to mention motion sickness. Big difference in wearing VR vs just sitting on the couch with nothing on my head. Plus the bottom photo is a lie as all kinds of cables would be sticking out of that thing which is a constant annoyance.

Last edited by Leynos - on 15 February 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

VR is heavier than headphones and sweatier. Tho I don't wear headphones when gaming. I do get kinda clausterphobic wearing headphones too long and anything bigger than that causes anxiety attacks. Not to mention motion sickness. Big difference in wearing VR vs just sitting on the couch with nothing on my head. Plus the bottom photo is a lie as all kinds of cables would be sticking out of that thing which is a constant annoyance.

Lol not a lie. That's pretty much how I played Skyrim on PSVR for 170 hours. The damage on the back of my couch proves it :/ I actually fell asleep once with the headset on, laying down starting at the night sky in Skyrim, so peaceful.

There is one cable coming from the headset in a convenient location. The cable is only something to keep track of when playing stuff like Beat Saber, moving around a lot. There hanging the cable over the back of your shoulder does the trick, works fine.

I guess claustrophobia works different in different people. I have it bad enough I get terrible anxiety from reading a story about something trying to squeeze through a cave. The cave rescue documentary about the kids trapped in Thailand (Tham Luan cave rescue) was hard to watch for me. And freestyle swiming in a pool takes a lot of mental convincing I'm fine. I don't think I should ever try diving lol. However VR, no claustrophobia whatsoever. Even crawling through a cave in VR, my mind knows I can stick my head through the walls no problem...

Anyway, VR doesn't close you in, it opens your world up. After a while you forget you even have a headset on, if you have a comfortable one that is. And I actually enjoy VR better without headphones / ear pieces. I mostly used my regular 5.1 sound setup as I find headphones more isolating than 'goggles'. I can hear someone coming in the room from behind, can't with headphones on. Can't see them coming with or without headset!

SvennoJ said:
WoodenPints said:

I find it completely different with a VR set on your head your shutting yourself off from everything I just want to sit back and chill without a headset on because I generally find them uncomfortable I also want to be alert to my surroundings interact with family members, I'm sure some people love it for the reasons I don't but VR isn't for me.

the-pi-guy said:
WoodenPints said:

This is such a weird reductive take.

You could also say
"Nope no interest in gaming at all for me, the last thing I want to do when I finish work is sit there staring at a light box."

Indeed you can and some people who work on a computer screen 8+ hours a day are probably of that opinion, You can really insert anything in that statement because that's the joy of opinions it's based on what you want.