By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda ToTK suffer a similar fate to Cyberpunk 2077?

Not a single reason to think that.

Around the Network

They're using the same engine as Breath of the Wild. Even with new assets, I can't fathom how it could suffer from anything worse than Breath of the Wild launched with. They had the pressure to launch BOTW with the Switch, they have no such pressure here. If it takes them delaying the game past May to make it run even better, I think they will.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

To answer your question:

Are you serious? BotW didn't suffer a lot of anything ever.

Wman1996 said:

They're using the same engine as Breath of the Wild. Even with new assets, I can't fathom how it could suffer from anything worse than Breath of the Wild launched with. They had the pressure to launch BOTW with the Switch, they have no such pressure here. If it takes them delaying the game past May to make it run even better, I think they will.

I don't think there was much pressure since they delayed BotW from 2016 to launch it with the Switch. They got extra time thanks to that.

Around the Network

Sounds like a post from an alternative timeline where Nintendo first party teams(and Monolith Soft) have all the same tendancies of western AAA games launch.

Thankfully they don't and I'm not in the least worried about it.
Flawless ? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm sure the reason it took them 6 years and more to make the game was to iron out the new "runes" we'll utilized this time around.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I doubt it. It's possible, certainly. The Switch is at this point without question an underpowered platform, but I doubt Nintendo will push TotK so far in terms of graphical quality that there'll be any significant issues as far as how the game runs is concerned.

Mar1217 said:

Sounds like a post from an alternative timeline where Nintendo first party teams(and Monolith Soft) have all the same tendancies of western AAA games launch.

Thankfully they don't and I'm not in the least worried about it.
Flawless ? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm sure the reason it took them 6 years and more to make the game was to iron out the new "runes" we'll utilized this time around.

I hope one of the new runes is a Hookshot.

zero129 said:

My thoughts is its using the same engine as BOTW and that ran pretty good on Switch. Nothing shows that it got a graphics upgrade so id imagine it will run pretty good on current gen switch also. Would it be nice for a Switch 2 running it in higher res and better frame rate? sure it would. But that didnt stop the first game from getting rave reviews and being loved by many gamers and i defo dont think it will stop its sequel.

I also imagine that the engine has been further optimized for the Switch, no more need to support the WiiU as well. BotW was originally a WiiU title and delayed to port to the Switch for a simultaneous release. Good chance it will run better than BotW did on Switch.

It would be nice to have a higher res version with locked 60 fps but tbh Zelda never suffered from lower frame rates. And the art style also doesn't rely on high resolution. Eliminating pop up and visible LOD and shadow changes are more important to me. Can't remember that being an issue with BotW.

My only worries are stick drift cropping up again :/ I spend 170 hours on the first game, as well as my kids. That's asking a lot of those tiny sticks.

Never played a zelda game that wasn't excellent. I'm not worried.